What about the balconies?

Hi,

I always book a balcony cabin on our caribbean cruises but, since we are thinking of doing the Canada/New England out of Bayonne, NJ in mid October should I dis the balcony.
What I mean is will I miss anything? I think it might be too chilly to just sit out there..

Then I can use the $200.00 or so difference for more shopping [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance for your time
Donna

Grandeur of the Seas/ W Caribbean/05/04/
Carnival Legend/Bermuda/10/03
Carnival Legend/Nowhere/ 10/02
Adventure of the seas/S Caribbean 05/02
Monarch of the seas/W Caribbean 11/01
Nordic Empress/Bermuda 5/01

We had a balcony on our cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and used it even in the colder weather. The balcony was more protected from the wind than anyplace I could find on deck to take pictures especially in the Fjord we spent time visiting. It was only our second balcony cabin, the other being on a Caribbean cruise, and we used it a lot more on this cruise than on that one.

Have a Great next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib
Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib
HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib
Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib
HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal
RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib
Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib
HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib
Golden Princess 07/03 Med
Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib
HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada

• 1 month later...
My granddaughter(14), wife and I just came back from VOS on 7/2/04. We booked a Balcony room 8262. FANTASTIC, is the only way to describe this room. Not large but very adequate. Reasons for our choice? We were able to stay in our room and still get a great view of the Ocean, Harbors, etc. Others who had inside cabins had to go up on deck where the weather plays a large factor. It was cool up on deck (Adult Pool Area) on Thursday so we went down to the room and sat on the Balcony. Saw Whales, Dolphins, etc. This is our first experience with a Balcony room but guaranteed it won't be the last.
I strongly recommend.
Any other questions please don't hesitate to e-mail me at:
[email]dave0644@hotmail.com[/email]

Enjoy

:)

We love our verandahs. Since we only book suites, naturally we have one.

We were also on the cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and used our verandah quite a bit.

A few years ago, we did a Canada/New England cruise the third week of October. The weather was cool but still we loved to go out onto the verandah as we entered and left ports.

:)

• 4 weeks later...
If going northbound along US coast(NY to Montreal), does port or starboard matter? I've heard that other than in port, you don't really see the coast, and side doesn't matter on the St. lawrence seaway.

[quote name='Krazy Kruizers']:)

We love our verandahs. Since we only book suites, naturally we have one.

We were also on the cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and used our verandah quite a bit.

A few years ago, we did a Canada/New England cruise the third week of October. The weather was cool but still we loved to go out onto the verandah as we entered and left ports.

:)[/QUOTE]
Hi Krazy Kruizers, we're going to Canada & New England the last week in October and will have a balcony. About how cool WAS it? Starting to think about what to take.

Thanks!

Jan in Orlando
[email="janibananie@yahoo.com"]janibananie@yahoo.com[/email]

Hi. We had a balcony for our trip to Alaska and have another one booked for our trip to Can/New England in October. Our TA had pointed out that one big advantage to having a balcony, besides the sights, is that you can step outside on your own balcony and decide whether or not you need to add or take off a layer of clothing before heading up on deck or out for your excursions. Worked well for us before. It was also a great place to shoot pictures from.

[quote name='janibananie']Hi Krazy Kruizers, we're going to Canada & New England the last week in October and will have a balcony. About how cool WAS it? Starting to think about what to take.

Thanks!

Jan in Orlando
[email="janibananie@yahoo.com"]janibananie@yahoo.com[/email][/QUOTE]

Seeing that noone has replied to you, I will tell you that we use the Yahoo web site (click on weather and then enter each of your port cities) and you can follow their current weather and then there is a place on right "records and averages" If you click on that you can look up the October and November average. I imagine you will look at the temps about in between those for that last week in Oct. brrrrrrr!

Archived