Insurance

SOMD Cruiser

My husband just found out that he will have to start dialysis soon. So we want to go on a cruise around Feb 10-17 next month. Does anyone know of a good insurance to get in case something was to happen. He is 44 I don't think anything will but you never know. Thanks

My husband just found out that he will have to start dialysis soon. So we want to go on a cruise around Feb 10-17 next month. Does anyone know of a good insurance to get in case something was to happen. He is 44 I don't think anything will but you never know. Thanks

Hi,

I hope everything goes well with your husband's dialysis.

Many trip insurance plans will cover you if you meet their rules. You'll need pre-existing conditions coverage. The one part you'll need to mind is the "Medically Stable" definition.

Go to www.google.com and search for "trip insurance". You'll find some good comparison sites that offer reputable companies.

I hope this helps.

We always use HTH Insurance. They have a very good pre-existing clause and you do not have to book within 2 weeks of booking your cruise so you can wait until your plans are set. In fact, you can book up to 24 hours prior to final payment.

The Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion is waived provided you meet all of the following requirements:

1. the payment for this plan is received prior to/or within 24 hours of your final payment for your Covered Trip; and
  2. you are not disabled from travel at the time you make your plan payment; and
  3. the booking for the Covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination.

http://www.hthtravelinsurance.com/trip_protection.cfm

We always use HTH Insurance. They have a very good pre-existing clause and you do not have to book within 2 weeks of booking your cruise so you can wait until your plans are set. In fact, you can book up to 24 hours prior to final payment.

One small clarification: You can order an HTH policy up to 24 hours AFTER you make your scheduled final payment.

Archived