finding airlines

janc107

We're cruising on the Island in Nov. The ship leaves from Acapulco and goes to San Juan. We can leave out of Nashville or Memphis. I was planning to use sky miles but that will be impossible. I'm going nuts trying to find a cheap fare. So far Princess's 800 per person is the lowest. Does anyone have any ideas. I sure would love some.

Thanks,

Jan

Have you tried the numerous online travel/airline search sites? I use several different ones and check frequently to see if there is movement in the price up or down. I see you have plenty of time, so keep checking.

There are not a lot of flights to Acapulco each day and the Princesss ships do nit start/end there too often. So the airlines do not put on extra flights for the cruise passengers. Princess uses mostly charters to get people to/from major hub cities.

We were on the Regal over Thanksgiving and we flew scheduled flights to San Juan, but a Delta charter to Atlanta at the end.

They also had charters to LA, Houston and Dallas that I know of.

Paul

We did the reverse for Regal cruiser, Oct.28 to Nov.7 and flew on Delta tickets all the way from Buffalo to SJ via JFK, return from Acapulco via Mexico City and Atlanta. ACA to MEX was code share Mexicana flight, rest were Delta flights. Booked 2 1/2 weeks before our cruise, which was a sell off booked earlier the same day,on Expendia.ca which is Cdn site of Expendia.com. Cost was around $440US each with all taxes and fees in. We got exactly the flights we wanted especially from ACA since if we didn't leave on 11:40AM flight we would have had to overnite in Chicago. Tried other web sites but found this to be best for us and have found this to be true for previous flights to catch cruises. I don't know how well Delta services east Tenn but I imagine it is easy to connect thru Atlanta from/going there. Other passengers from our cruise including couple, who dined with us at our assigned table and bought Princess air, were with us on the first two flights from ACA. Princess air had quoted us $830US each for this plus transfers. Taxi from ship to ACA was $30 US plus tip. For SJU to Pan Am cruise terminal taxi change was $15 plus $1/bag and tip.

Archived