QE2 and QM2 Together in Ft. Lauderdale

scottsanfilippo

I haven't seen any photos of the 2 ships together in Ft Lauderdale, has anyone else?

I don't know the place, would it have been possible to be between but away from both ships, to get them in the same shot?

Thanks HighCBob.

I presume you mean this one from Cunard?

RoyalRendezvous.jpg

Its a great photo, but its not very "wow"! in fact the colours look terribly fake to me - far too saturated - QE2's funnel looks fluorcescent!

One taken from just where that wee boat is in the middle would be amazing...

Apologies! I didn't mean to be rude, I just wasn't putting myself across well.

it just seems to me like a real WOW moment, and someone somewhere must have taken a WOW photo of it!

They've never been parked together in such an easy to photograph way, as far as I can recall?

Maybe there's a "WOW!" somewhere in my album...

Click on my photos link, and the first album in the photo album link you'll see is "QE2 Meets QM2 in Fort Lauderdale"

None of them are doctored, they're just the way my worn-out camera popped them out.

I had the disadvantage of shooting directly into the rising sun on many of them, but I tried to get a few "wow"s in there. Some look repetitive, but I was just having fun.

One would have needed a heck of a wide angle lense to get the POV from the small craft in the harbor, a point-and-shoot wouldn't have done the trick. Maybe one of the officials on one of those craft managed to get a good shot or two off, to appear on the web soon...

Enjoy my photos, I enjoyed taking them.

Apologies! I didn't mean to be rude, I just wasn't putting myself across well.

it just seems to me like a real WOW moment, and someone somewhere must have taken a WOW photo of it!

They've never been parked together in such an easy to photograph way, as far as I can recall?

No worries! - - no rudeness taken there at all Ral72 :)

Kyle,

As always, your compositions are incredible! You have a truly gifted eye.

I see your photos, and I ask myself, Why didn't I think of that? They are so simplee yet so poignant! You know, Cunard would do very well indeed to use som of your shots for its advertising. They love to do certain shots which are trite and overdone and ho hum. You always have fresh angles and incredible shots which need no explanation,

I particularly liked 39- All of the crew, including what appear to be chefs, on the forward bow to greet the Mary. I fully expected the next shot to be of them lined up and saluting. This is obviously a special moment for them! I had to go back through them again to show Marc the ones that juxtapose both ships. He especially like the one where the QE2's life ring frames QM2's aft nameplate! (#19)

Thank you for sharing these!

Karie, who can always use an extra smile!

KJ - thanks! Your last 2 pics in particular were just what I was looking for!

I still think QE2 looks like a sportscar, and QM2 looks like an SUV by comparison.

Darling, hello!!! ... that's because QE2 is taken at full profile. Very unfair of you.

Thanks HighCBob.

RoyalRendezvous.jpg

quote]

Our cabin was QM2 deck 11, starboard side, fairly near the front. Actually, I posted a few photos of QE2 coming around.

Anyway, the thing that this photo does NOT show (as cool as it is), is just how much smaller QE2 is that QM2.

I wrote wherever I posted those photos that it was a thrill to see QE2 come in and then around QM2. We've not been aboard here, but there looks to be something special about her. We LOVE the QM2, but are not planning to try QE2. My wife only consented to this AFTER she saw QE2 come around and pull up to the dock.

Archived