QE2 and QM2 Together in Ft. Lauderdale

scottsanfilippo

I was onboard the QM2 for the 4 day last week and took the following photo from my flight home. I was so pleased to get both ships in the same frame!!

Enjoy

Rick

http://www.iecc.edu/QM2_11_10_2007.jpg

Rick,

Were you sat on the wing?

But seriously, that is a lovely photograph.

Matthew

Kyle...wonderful pictures. That must have been an awesome arrival. Thanks for sharing.

Rick...what a shot from the air. Nice the airport is so close and you weren't too high up to get this.

Seaflint...we were on Deck 11 starboard too a month ago and all we had to look at was the "movies under the stars" screen on a Carnival ship!!!

Cheers, Penny

Everyone,

Thank you so much for the compliments!!!! I am just glad I was able to share the photo with you.

Karie, I was on the Labor Day cruise with you, we talked briefly.

Malcomb, I agree about QE2 I LOVE Dame Edna!!!

As for how I did this. I was on Airtran in a boeing 717 in row 17. I just put the digital camera right up to the window and watched as we took off. Having taken off from Ft. Lauderdale many times before I knew what to expect. Really just lucky to get the right shot as we flew by.

The QM2 was great, although the service in the Britannia was a little slow. I wish I was back onboard!!1

Wonder if I could sell my photo to Cunard??????? HA!!!

Rick

I wrote wherever I posted those photos that it was a thrill to see QE2 come in and then around QM2. We've not been aboard here, but there looks to be something special about her. We LOVE the QM2, but are not planning to try QE2. My wife only consented to this AFTER she saw QE2 come around and pull up to the dock.

Is this what you meant to write? It reads (to me) that although you think QE2 is special, you aren't going to try her.

Matthew

I am finally able to post on Cruise Critic after coming back from the QM2 two weeks ago. For some reason I was having problems with cookies recognizing me and allowing me to sign on. Hopefully that problem is a thing of the past!

Wow, Rick what a fantastic photo. It should find its way into the hands of the Cunard marketing types and be put to good use. Keep us all informed as to Cunard's interest.

I was hoping that you would make it to the Cruise Critic gathering in the Board Room. Did you get to sign the Cruise Critic book in the Library. I signed it early on in the cruise and never went back to see whom signed it after me.

Calliope

Sorry to have missed you too. I wanted to go to the Stephen Fry lecture and it started at the same time as the CC meeting, so I didnt make it.

Hope you had a good time on the ship. We really enjoyed our second voyage on QM2. However, we were disappointed in lunch at Todd English.

I just got the photo enlarged and will send a letter to Cunard soon. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

Rick

Archived