Just back from New Years on the Jewel

bfos

We had one of the best cruises ever. My wife and 8yr old son went on this cruise. This was my first time with RCCL and I was very surprised by how much we enjoyed it. Our waiter Volkan was FANTASTIC!!!! Ask for him, tell him Ben Tiffany and Sullivan sent you. He made us feel like the most important people on the cruise. The staff in general was very attentive. We never were at a loss for anything. Our D1 room 1088 was great. The bathroom was a little small but our stateroom attendant kept it so clean that it was never a problem. Our room even had a wifi signal from deck 11 I think. That was definately a bonus. We were so fortunate to have 2 amazing families sit with us, one from Montreal and another from Indiana. We also met lots of other great people. The only downside, the chair hogs. This one guy must have had at least 10 chairs everyday. My beautiful wife threatened him to a dual and won. Then proceeded in getting others to do the same. Eventually we decided to plant ourselves on the rockwall deck everyday and found the sun and the people to be even better. The kids could also play golf, basketball or swim right there as well as rockwall!!! We have done the eastern carib many times so we went to the beach in every port, except San Juan, not enough time. The food in the Dining room was great everynight. The kids at our table found many things to their liking and Volkan was always ready to help with their needs too. The Jewel is a really beautiful ship with lots of great areas to relax and talk with others. My son and I went to the Centrum bar everynight before dinner for "cocktails" and met so many nice people also waiting for dinner. This cruise was very "international" and had a variety of people. The retired people on this cruise were of a very young mindset and were always having fun. I find this to be very different on other cruise lines. One of the things I would like to see changed is the way the photographers always want to take individual pics!? I fing this to be silly and who needs a pic from dinner everynight. I wish they would have taking pics on deck more and around the ship. I happen to like their photos just not dinner everynight. We are now looking forward to our 12 night eastern Med cruise on the Legend June 12th. I will be happy to answer any questions if needed. Cheers!!

We loved the Jewel, too, such a beautiful ship. We had the 6-night itinerary and it was too short. The Legend is a different class ship, but still beautiful. We sailed on the Rhapsody twice (same class) and loved every minute of both cruises. Enjoy your Med cruise!

Archived