Best Tequila to ship back?

Mauizach

Doing the Diamond Princess MEXICAN - RIVIERA Cruise wondering did anyone find a good local Tequila to bring back or ship back? Not looking for cheapest, or best name, looking for the best taste. We will be going to MAZATLAN, PT VALLARTA, and CABO SAN LUCAS...Not trying to drink it there or on ship wanting to bring it back to the states. Brands and where you got it would be a great help....:D

It comes in Tall Blue bottles, very wonderful mild taste.

They also have Tall Clear bottle which I have not tasted,

and a Tall Red Bottle which is aged Tequilla and is great for sipping. We go to Mexico 4 times a year, in fact we just got back. Every time we go we buy two bottles. Customs only allows 1 liter per person per a 30 day period. My parents live in Arizona close to a boarder town call Algadones and they go every month and buy me two bottles. I have some friends that also love it so between what my DH and I buy and what my parents buy for us we all are always well stocked. Depending on where you buy it in Mexico, (which port) the price runs anywhere from $22 dollars a liter to $36 dollars. Here in the states at BevMo it runs about $66.00 dollars for a liter. My neighbor loves very fine tequilla and does not blink an eye on paying over $100 dollars for a bottle of good tequilla is hooked on Corralejo. He said its the only Tequilla for him now.

We just spent New Years in Puerto Penasco Mexico, and I asked a taxi driver what was his favorite Tequilla and I was quite supprised he said Corralejo.

On the ship you can bring more back to the states because you can be taxed on the excess, but when coming out of Mexico in a car they don't want to bother with it, so they will only allow 1 litter per person.

Best sipping tequila we have found so far is Porfidio which we purchased at Pordifio's dystillery in Puerto Vallarta. Dystillery is located a few miles from the cruise ship dock. Took an independent tour which turned into a aprivate tour for 2. Hade a great time on the tour as well as tasting the varities of tequila available.

Dianne

There is also Cabo Wabo Tequila. Unfortunately, this tequila is readily available in the US but hard to find in Mexico. Probably because it is owned by Sammy Hagar and is marketed mainly toward the US.

Which ever brand you decide to purchase, you may want to consider the blue agave type of tequila.

Archived