Someone missing from the Carnival Facination!

Someone "fell" off of the Carnival Facination. It is all over the news here in FTL that someone was missing off of the cruise ship when it got to port this morning and the didn't get off the ship at the last port of call. The person's travel companion said that she did miss the person and thought nothing about it, and a through (sp?) search found nothing. Here is the link for the story

http://www1.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/C48551/

It happened at 3:30 AM - sounds like a guy who partied and decided to go for a swim. Our paper didn't give the name of the ship, but a Google news search did. Must have put quite a damper on the cruise.

Im sorry that happened. But for the life of me cant see someone just falling off a ship. For first time cruisers reading that...it can and does happen but the party that has fallen overboard is either climbing or doing things that are foolish= you cant just all overboard.

Living in the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami news market I hear all of the cruiseliner news. Norwalk was like the Major story for weeks. They would have reporters at the pier interviewing people as they left the terminal. Now that I am a regular here I will provide a link to the whole story for any cruise news. I will use WSVN because they have the best website.

Same thing happened on a Carnival cruise I took in 1998. Our first clue that something was amiss was a distinct sudden tilt to the ship (executing a tight turn to look for the unfortunate fellow). Soon the Coast Guard was searching with 'copters also as we were nearing Miami on our last night of the cruise. Then they began asking if anyone was missing a gentleman from their party! Seems he had been spotted falling over the side from one of the small tables....down he went. Far as we heard, he wasn't found. It was sad and bizarre.

Archived