PV Pirate Ship and PV tours?

mattR

Will be on the Star in March. NCL says we will be in PV at 9am (ship time or PV time don't know) I currently have a Pirate Ship tour booked with NCL. I found a Pirate ship tour through PV tours that I'm sure is the same one, however I called to see if I could book this as the tour leaves at 9am. They said no I couldn't book it. My question is how can the cruise line sell this tour? Do we get to disembark first inorder to make it? Any one take this tour either way have any ideas?

I think I might understand. If ship time is 9am then that would mean that it is 8am local time in PV which means that we could make a 9am local time tour departure right???

Is Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta in the same time zone?

I think I might understand. If ship time is 9am then that would mean that it is 8am local time in PV which means that we could make a 9am local time tour departure right???

Is Acapulco and Puerto Vallarta in the same time zone?

Acapulco and P.V. are both on central standard time. You should probably contact Customer Services of NCL to find out what time the ship uses. Some (but I gather not all) use the port's local time.

• 1 month later...

You should be ok to book independently because they will wait for the people who booked the tour through the ship and won't leave until they are onboard. We booked independently and just made sure we were one of the first off the ship. They board the pirate boat right next to the cruise ship so it's not too far. The pirate tours is on the Marigalante, so if you do a search you'll find the company to go direct with (can't remember off the top of my head) and they give you a 10% discount for booking online.

We have been to PV many times and it was one of the best tours we've taken, although the food could have been a little better. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were just on the Carnival Pride. The ships time was one hour earlier than land time in PV.

We were first in line to get off the ship and then we ran to the dock. The ship had already sailed when we got over to it's dock. They called the ship to tell them we were on our way and then they loaded 8 of us in a small boat with an outboard motor and raced across the waves, then we boarded the ship out in the ocean. Kids loved the added drama and excitement!! My 19 year old son was immediately picked by one of the female pirates to do the dancing exhibition. (He hadn't even had a chance to sit down before he was part of the show!)

The family decided this was the BEST excursion of the entire cruise!!!

Archived