Got a question....

Wrkathomewife

My hubby and I took theDisney Cruise (Wonder) for our honeymoon last year and loved it!:) We're wondering if we should do that again this year for our 1 year. The only thing we complained about it is that there wasn't as much to do for adults and what there was, you had to pay $$, something we didn't have. So, we're wondering should we do Disney again or maybe another cruise line. NCL looks good. We're looking for something that has lots of varied activites for adults, but will allow us down-time, can we're still newly-weds! ;) We're very relaxed people, t-shirt and jeans, not very regimented. ANy suggestions?

Ellie

Disney Wonder

6/17/06 Our honeymoon

From what you are describing, Carnival, NCL or Royal Caribbean would be a better choice for you than Disney. First of all, all three are a little bit more adult oriented. Second, all three are less expensive than Disney. I believe all three have ships in New Orleans and Texas (so you could drive to the port if you wanted to).

My hubby and I took theDisney Cruise (Wonder) for our honeymoon last year and loved it!:) We're wondering if we should do that again this year for our 1 year. The only thing we complained about it is that there wasn't as much to do for adults and what there was, you had to pay $$, something we didn't have.

I have been on Disney with my wife and teen kids. There is an adult only pool, adult only nightclubs and lounges and an adult only beach on Castaway Cay. Besides shore excursions, what else for adults were you charged for. We found a lot to do while our kids did their own thing.

The spa, pics, we couldn't afford Palo cause we were watching our $$ and I really wanted to go there! :( Plus, we had a hard time finding any clubs and when we did...the cruise was almost over.:rolleyes: :o :D :confused:

Oh welll....

Hubby has said he'd like to go again and if we do...we're mapping it out before we go.

Ellie

I haven't sailed on Disney but I have sailed on the other three lines everyone is recommending: NCL, RCCL and Carnival. If you are looking for laid-back I would pick NCL all the way. No matter what line you chose of those three they will all be more adult oriented than Disney was. Disney is a brand name for kids meant to attract them so they need to spend a good deal of time, energy, money and space devoted to them.

Archived