Decent Price?

vesw01

We are paying $4055 for two quad cabins a total of 8 ppl for the 9/9/07 Mariner of the Seas - inside cabins. I know they always say shoot for less than $100 per day per person - but not sure how they would play into doing so many people or if that is including the tax etc. The 3rd and 4th are around $400 each including everything

The deal sounds about right for a 9/9 sailing. Rates drop dramatcally each week after the the last week in August. It appears that your fares are $600 for the 1st and 2nd pas. and $400 ea. for the 3rd and 4th, total $2000 per room. For $ 50 each more,($400), you can have 2 cabins (thus more room and two baths) for the price of one quad.

We are paying $4055 for two quad cabins a total of 8 ppl for the 9/9/07 Mariner of the Seas - inside cabins. I know they always say shoot for less than $100 per day per person - but not sure how they would play into doing so many people or if that is including the tax etc. The 3rd and 4th are around $400 each including everything

I was booked on your cruise on an inside promenade cabin but canceled it and am now on the Liberty of the Seas from Miami for $50pp more.

Have a great cruise.

Bill

For that cabin you are paying around 613 for the first and second person with reduced rate of 400 for the third and fourth. For the difference of 213 pp or 416 for both of them , you can get doubles and have a lot more room and privacy. Now if one family is spending for all 8 then this amounts to enough to say forget it. But if the expenses are being split, why not think about that configuration.

Looks like a good price for that sailing. The only important thing is if you think it is a good price or not. Who cares what a bunch of strangers think:confused:

Maybe he just wants to be comforted knowing that others think it is a good deal so he can relax and plan his vacation knowing he got a good deal!

I am going to have to think about adding a 3rd cabin - it is one family (mine) 2 adults - 6 kids so the money comes right out of our pockets - $416 although it would be nice to have another cabin also equates to two plane tickets.

The kids will be 15,14,13,4,4,3 - I am banking on the older kids not being around too much. We were able to get connecting cabins on the 6th deck

I am going to have to think about adding a 3rd cabin - it is one family (mine) 2 adults - 6 kids so the money comes right out of our pockets - $416 although it would be nice to have another cabin also equates to two plane tickets.

The kids will be 15,14,13,4,4,3 - I am banking on the older kids not being around too much. We were able to get connecting cabins on the 6th deck

It's a great price that comes at a cost.

1. Most schools (except those on year-round schedules) are back in session. Very few other kids for your kids to hang out with.

2. It's the height of hurricane season. Did you buy travel insurance?

:)

For our April cruise we have 2 adults/2 kids in a balcony for $775 per peron....$3100 divided by 4=775. I think that is a pretty good rate. Although last year we were able to get a jr suite for $3200 for the same week. This year the jr suite is $3600..Prices have gone up considerably for this week on the Rhapsody..

Carla

For our April cruise we have 2 adults/2 kids in a balcony for $775 per peron....$3100 divided by 4=775. I think that is a pretty good rate. Although last year we were able to get a jr suite for $3200 for the same week. This year the jr suite is $3600..Prices have gone up considerably for this week on the Rhapsody..

Carla

I look at it this way: How much of a vacation is it to share a tiny room and a tiny bathroom with 4 people. Not my idea of a good time at all. No privacy and no catch up with your mate time. having the kids sleep with us is no vacation at all. I would get the third cabin and move some of the kids out.

Archived