Southampton to London

glgolfer

This seems to come up regularly. A search of the boards with keywords Southampton and Heathrow or Gatwick should turn up some expert advice.

I have never done the trip, but was surprised by the results from a rail search on http://www.reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en . They suggested is it is 1½ hours from Southampton Central to Heathrow, with trains leaving Southampton on the half hour, taking 50 minutes to reach Woking. A bus leaves Woking at the half hour, taking 30 minutes to reach Heathrow Terminal 4.

The same site lists a number of options by rail to Gatwick, including departures at 20 minutes after the hour that require no change of trains. The longest option takes 2 hours and 10 minutes.

The fine print: I have no expertise in this matter. I don't know where Southampton Central station is. I assume these are commuter trains which may not be the handiest for cruise luggage. There are no details on the bus to Heathrow. This info is from the German Rail website. There is no price information available. I don't know if any of these options are available on your travel dates. I don't know if these transportation methods are reliable. I don't know if they are crowded. In short, I have brought you more questions than answers.

This seems to come up regularly. A search of the boards with keywords Southampton and Heathrow or Gatwick should turn up some expert advice.
This is pretty much the most frequently asked question on here. Someone must ask the question at least once a week.

So the first piece of advice for the OP is: for goodness' sake, please do a search or just read the thread titles in this forum.

I'm happy to give advice on more unusual problems but it really is soul-destroying being asked for the same answers over and over again.

Globilizer - Certainly appreciate your helpful response, but in reading threads back to October, I see nothing that states the times from Southampton to London. That does seem to be more than "once a week".

Anyway, thanks again.

Archived