Breakfast Recommendations in the French Quarter?

Heidict

I have been pouring over tons of menu's for restaurants located in the French Quarter and have heard and read alot of suggestions for great lunches and dinners.

Is there any place in the area that you would recommend for breakfast? We will be staying at the Astor which is on the corner of Bourbon and Canal. We will be there for Friday and Saturday breakfast.

Looking for something good, but not real expensive.

Thanks!!

Heidi

I second the suggestion to try Petunia's, I ate a late lunch/early dinner there & the food was excellent. My sister had breakfast there & said it was very good & reasonably priced, that is why I went there. The Flaming Dame Nellie Melba Crepe is to die for & big enough for 2.

We will be staying at the Astor which is on the corner of Bourbon and Canal.
Fourth recommendation for Petunia's. It's about 5 minutes walk from the Astor, which is where we were staying also. Just walk along Bourbon Street away from Canal Street, then turn left into St Louis Street, and you'll find the restaurant on the right hand side of that street.

We went because the Brennan's at the hotel had not yet resumed serving breakfast. The hotel had a breakfast buffet in the very small bar, but it was full when we tried to get breakfast there. The barman suggested Petunia's as an alternative, and we are very glad that he did.

Archived