Obstructed view cabin

Ibecrusin

;) I have been on approximately 10 cruises, including Crystal, Celebrity, HAL, RCC, and Carnival, and am looking forward to first time cruising (4 night from hometown of NY) on QM2 this summer. I always book either a balcony (if it is affordable for me) or Oceanview cabin. (like a large window, not porthole). I saw pictures of the QM2's "In hull balcony" cabin, and know I would not enjoy this category, as it appears "too closed in" for me, and I also enjoy viewing the ocean from the lounge chair, which I understand is not possible in this category,(need to stand up) due to steel bottom partition, rather than plexiglass. I have put a hold on an obstructed view cabin (#8109 - looks like there is less obstruction in this particular cabin), and would like opinions of others' experience with this category in general, or if anyone has had experience staying in cabin 8109, or recommendations for another cabin in this category which they liked. Thanks for your input. Carol

8109 looks like a good choice to me- It's near the last lifeboat. We had 8049 booked which is near one of the smaller lifeboats but ended up getting a great price for an upgrade. We stayed in an In-hull balcony on our first QM trip and that was not for us- You have to stand up to see out Good luck

We were on the QMII RT to norway. We had a B6 obstructed view cabin. You cannot see anything but sky from the balcony due to the life boats. We spend more time on the public decks, so it was alright for us, but if you expect to sit on your balcony and see the sights, spring for a regular balcony.

Archived