Luggage tags

ronnarel

Can somone tell me if Carnival has stopped sending luggage tags with your documents? We had them in Sept. but didn't get them with our docs today on the Miracle Out TA said they don't send them anymore.

Ronn

I'm sure the TA didn't want to be bothered... so she gave you a line. :rolleyes:

However, I wouldn't sweat it at all. You can always get your tags from the Porter station, where you drop off your luggage. The Porters have a copy of the ship's manifest and know which tags to give you.

I got my docs today and we received 6 luggage tags in the packet...more than enough for us for 5 days!! :)

we have cruised many times and always recieve luggage tags-whether we book through Carnival, another online agency or local TA....

Marsha

I'm sorry if this is viewed as a "hijack" ... BUT, I was on NCL last month and their tags were adhesive tags which we slapped on our 12-packs of soda and water ... with Carnival we only have 6 tags. So here are the questions:

1) I'm assuming from the above answers just hit up the porters for more at the pier?

2) Should we fill out our luggage tags prior to arrival?

Thanks.

Can somone tell me if Carnival has stopped sending luggage tags with your documents? We had them in Sept. but didn't get them with our docs today on the Miracle Out TA said they don't send them anymore.

Ronn

i just got my docs today too and my luggage tags were in there. i think your TA is wrong. this trip (that i rec'd the docs for today) for was booked through a TA (though i don't think that really matters as all the docs are generated from carnival who then sends them to the TA who then sends them to you).

if you have at least another week before you cruise, i'd call carnival and tell them you did not receive them and ask them to please mail them out again. they may tell you that you have to ask your TA b/c they aren't allowed to touch your booking, but you aren't asking them to go into your booking, you are just asking them to mail you luggage tags. still, if they cannot, i'd ask your TA to get them for you and mail them to you at your home.

i am sure that you could almost definitely get these at check-in or with the porters, but there is a lot of info to fill out on them, and i always like to do that on the plane ride. who wants to waste time doing it on the check-in line, right?

I'm sorry if this is viewed as a "hijack" ... BUT, I was on NCL last month and their tags were adhesive tags which we slapped on our 12-packs of soda and water ... with Carnival we only have 6 tags. So here are the questions:

1) I'm assuming from the above answers just hit up the porters for more at the pier?

Thanks.

Yes... just hit up the Porters for more tags. Carnival doesn't limit how much luggage you bring... but really... you don't want to bring too much anyway.

You can fill them out in advance. I hear you should just put your cabin number on the tags, the sail date, and last name.

Thanks.

Yes... just hit up the Porters for more tags. Carnival doesn't limit how much luggage you bring... but really... you don't want to bring too much anyway.

You can fill them out in advance. I hear you should just put your cabin number on the tags, the sail date, and last name.

OK I have a question. We are flying our the day before our crusie. Should we put our luggage tags on when we fly out or right before we get to port?

I would put them on, this way if your luggage is misplaced they would know where to find you. We have laminated ours (you can pick up cheap laminating sheets at the dollar store) to help with them not getting damaged.

Ronn

Call them and they will send them out... also when is your cruise date?

Fred

Archived