Experienced HAL Cruisers

Sam D.

Does anyone know how long after you've made final payment that your documents arrrive?? We have booked through our TA. We are sailing on the Noordam 3-31 and getting very excited. I love to read when people get their docs and dance!! It puts a smile on my face every time:) .

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

John and Sandy

It can vary quite a bit. They usually come about a month before sailing, but once we got ours three days before. At about 5 weeks you can start checking at this DHL site by entering your HAL booking number in the Reference box. If you get a "no shipments found" message it means that DHL hasn't picked them up from HAL yet. However, sometimes documents are shipped in bulk to some TAs, and never show up in the DHL tracking system.

It can vary quite a bit. They usually come about a month before sailing, but once we got ours three days before. At about 5 weeks you can start checking at this DHL site by entering your HAL booking number in the Reference box. If you get a "no shipments found" message it means that DHL hasn't picked them up from HAL yet. However, sometimes documents are shipped in bulk to some TAs, and never show up in the DHL tracking system.

Woe is me! If this thread was only around a week ago. I was driving myself crazy, checking the DHL site for my docs, to no avail. I ended up dropping in to my TA's office and by coincidence the docs had shown up the day before! And my friend's docs showed up a couple days later (and she lives in Seattle)

I booked the sea/air package with HAL and just like Krazy Kruiser said, the docs showed up 3 weeks prior to sailing....although, according to Air Canada's site, the booking was created in Sept/06. Maybe HAL just enjoys making you wait:p

Thanks localady! I had read so much on these boards about the "doc dance" but really didn't know what to expect as this would my first dance. I think the beautiful pouch they came in made the experience even better (if that's possible!) Now the suspense is growing....only 15 days to go!

Does anyone know how long after you've made final payment that your documents arrrive?? We have booked through our TA. We are sailing on the Noordam 3-31 and getting very excited. I love to read when people get their docs and dance!! It puts a smile on my face every time:) .

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

John and Sandy

Am sailing on the Noordam 3/10 and just received my documents today, about 7 weeks prior to sailing.

TNX for the info and link. Our Docs were enroute to our T/A in Florida from HAL :)

Archived