Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Trying to get a little more info on Sunset Beach excursion. We have never been to Jamaica so not familiar at all. I have read to take a cab ($3 each) and $40 each for adults. Where do you pay? What is included? Are you segregated, or treated as a regular guest? Meals, all inclusive for cruise passengers as well as regular guests? Would appreciate any advice - traveling 5/11 for our 25th anniversary.

;)

Trying to get a little more info on Sunset Beach excursion. We have never been to Jamaica so not familiar at all. I have read to take a cab ($3 each) and $40 each for adults. Where do you pay? What is included? Are you segregated, or treated as a regular guest? Meals, all inclusive for cruise passengers as well as regular guests? Would appreciate any advice - traveling 5/11 for our 25th anniversary.

;)

We are going to do this excursion. You take a cab to Sunset Beach and you pay when you get there. No reservations required. You can do anything the regular guests do. They even give you beach towels to use when you are they. Have you been to their web site? If not, here it is:

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

I have read a lot of good things about this place and it seems like a safe bet - esp. if you have kids. We visited Jamaica in 2002 with my daughter who was 13 mos. at the time. We didn't feel really safe wandering around with a baby. It just doesn't seem like a very safe place to me. Just my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Jill

We've been to Sunset Beach several times and highly recommend it. I think it is still $40. for adults and $20. for kids but you will want to double-check and make sure that hasn't changed. It is a large, spread-out place and I think it is a very safe, family-friendly. They have a buffet and a grill that are included in your price, as well as whatever you want to drink. They have more than one bar and there are frozen drink machines for strawberry daquiri's and pina coladas with or without alcohol. The waterpark is small but very nice. Overall, the place is clean and well-maintained. They usually have family entertainment by the main pool in the afternoons. We have always been treated as well as the resort guests. A little bonus some folks don't know about is you can go down to the gift shop and purchase a phone card that can be used on the phones on the property to call back to the US for a very reasonable price. I don't remember how much exactly but it seems like it was about $10. for around 45 mintues. A lot cheaper the cell service or calling from the ship.

The only problem we have run into is last April, the taxi service at the pier refused to take us to Sunset Beach because supposedly the resort was at capacity. They said the resort notifies them not to bring cruise ship guests when this is the case. I don't think this occurs very often because I haven't read about anyone else on the boards having this problem. I also read on the Sunset Beach thread that they want you to contact them a couple of days in advance if you don't want to take a chance on them being at capacity. So I am going to do just that because of what happened last time. But, it is a very secure, fun place, so hope you get to go and enjoy!

I remember reading somewhere that the boarding was delayed on the Conquest because it was time for the 90 day Crew Rotation. I also remember thinking this might happen for my cruise based on the dates. Does anyone know when they will change again?

(your NOT allowed to say the 30th of March ;) )

Sorry if this has already been covered.. so many pages & I couldn't get search to work..

I remember reading somewhere that the boarding was delayed on the Conquest because it was time for the 90 day Crew Rotation. I also remember thinking this might happen for my cruise based on the dates. Does anyone know when they will change again?

Sorry if this has already been covered.. so many pages & I couldn't get search to work..

I think last one was Mid January, so you should be ok, I think???

The last crew change was on Jan 13th and the one prior was on October 14, 2007 which was exactly 90 days apart. Exactly 90 days from January 13th is Saturday April 12th. We are on the Conquest April 6th-13th. We figure we will be affected, just not sure if it will be on embarkation or debarkation. We have planned our transportation expecting it so there won't be any surprises.

again if I remember right the LAST crew rotation was delayed because of fog as well, they pulled in late and it ended up being a huge hassle with everything. I don't think they rotate the entire crew every 90 days, just a portion of them? I could be wrong. I think if everything else is normal then debark/embark aren't too late. maybe an hour or so. But when mother nature gets involved it can be a pain.

Thanks, Sixgun8 & Watzonii.

You're right! Now that I remember it, a lot of the problems were because of the fog delay that particular day. The crew change just added a little more frustration for those who were already waiting.

Watzonii, sorry if it's going to hit you, but I think I made it out worse than it really is. I will hope for you that you have no additional delays.

Like... the dreaded FOG :eek:.

How were you able to find out the information? I didn't know where to look.

The conquest Crazy thread!!! We get together online every sunday morning to watch the ship come into port and watch them leave again that evening. We were all watching intently over the past couple months as fog delays were almost more than the norm than unusual. Come on over on sundays and enjoy the banter. Ask questions because we can usually answer them or we can bluff our way through it. We even booked a group cruise in 09 of 09.

The conquest Crazy thread!!! We get together online every sunday morning to watch the ship come into port and watch them leave again that evening. We were all watching intently over the past couple months as fog delays were almost more than the norm than unusual. Come on over on sundays and enjoy the banter. Ask questions because we can usually answer them or we can bluff our way through it. We even booked a group cruise in 09 of 09.

He's telling the truth too!!!

LOL at your response about the cruise directors!!! Sorry, been a long couple of weeks at work and it doesn't look like things will ease up for another month:( ...

The only thing keeping me sane is the cruise--even though it's still 8 months away. I can not wait to board the Conquest!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the responses!! I am excited to see who our cruise director will be!!!:p

LOL at your response about the cruise directors!!! Sorry, been a long couple of weeks at work and it doesn't look like things will ease up for another month:( ...

The only thing keeping me sane is the cruise--even though it's still 8 months away. I can not wait to board the Conquest!!!!

Thanks to everyone for the responses!! I am excited to see who our cruise director will be!!!:p

Should be Wee Jimmy. Mark Price told us that when he left Jimmy was coming on board and I think this current one is Mark's last on the Double C

Just found out that we will have stateroom 7397 on our upcoming Conquest cruise. Was wondering if anyone has any info on this room or possibly some pics of it. I know that it has pulldown upper bunk over the sofa but it will be just two of us so we won't use it. Will it be in the way when I sit down on the sofa since i am a rather tall person? Thanks for any help.:):):)

We are going THIS weekend!!!!! Gawd, didn't think it would ever get here. Oldies, this newbie needs to know about what I need to carry on? I understand as soon as we check our luggage we go through a deal showing us about the life jackets and boat, where they are and what to do. How long is it before we get our luggage to our room? Do we need to carry on a swim suit and does the pool even have water in it until we get at sea? :cool: I guess I could just find a drink and start on my handover? :p I'm so ready!!!

We are going THIS weekend!!!!! Gawd, didn't think it would ever get here. Oldies, this newbie needs to know about what I need to carry on? I understand as soon as we check our luggage we go through a deal showing us about the life jackets and boat, where they are and what to do. How long is it before we get our luggage to our room? Do we need to carry on a swim suit and does the pool even have water in it until we get at sea? :cool: I guess I could just find a drink and start on my handover? :p I'm so ready!!!

You can carry on a small bag or two, however, whatever you carry on you will have to keep with you until your room is ready (1:30-2:00), so keep that in mind!!! While you are waiting to get in the room, walk around the ship and get familiar with it and have a drink or two!!! The muster drill will come once everyone is onboard. Sometimes it happens just before you sail, or just after.... The life jackets are in your room and there is a map on the door telling you where to report for the muster drill. Don't go early!!!!

You wont get the lifejacket instruction, aka Muster Drill, until you begin sail away. Hopefully they wont call it as quick as they did ours. we weren't even out of the harbor yet. I would carry on a swimsuit if you plan on hitting the pool immediately, otherwise just a change of clothes in case your bag doesn't make it for some reason the first night. We had hot tubs but not pool. Grab a drink right away and head to Sur Mer if you really want to.

Thanks, Sixgun8 & Watzonii.

You're right! Now that I remember it, a lot of the problems were because of the fog delay that particular day. The crew change just added a little more frustration for those who were already waiting.

Watzonii, sorry if it's going to hit you, but I think I made it out worse than it really is. I will hope for you that you have no additional delays.

Like... the dreaded FOG :eek:.

How were you able to find out the information? I didn't know where to look.

When debarkation was delayed Jan 13th, I read some comments about missed flights due to the fog and crew rotation. I did some searches here on CC and searched Conquest Reviews to get the exact dates from previous crew rotations (from posters cruise history/roll calls). It should not be bad as long as there's no fog issues. I'm just glad to know about the possibility of being delayed for an hour or so ahead of time so we won't be stressed about it after our wonderful week on the Conquest.