Sylvia Browne Cruise(s)

Galadraal

Karin, could be the reason I am not finding prices is because I am not looking it up with my booking number. I just left a message for my TA to call me because I do not have it written down here at work.

But in the mean time we will see if this post brings the page forward:D

She is not a load of crap Rita, she is smart as, she gets other suckers to pay for her holidays. If only I could think up something so I could keep on cruising till I finally expired.........................

Val

Yeah, I stand corrected. Guess she is pretty smart. It's us (the people who pay money to go and hear her lectures or get readings from her ... not to mention go on her cruises) who are the dopes. Check out her website (sylvia.org). The prices she charges for readings and salons and all that other stuff are amazing. And, from what I understand she gets full houses too.

Like I said, I've gone to a few of her lectures and I'm not impressed. There is nothing she tells people that anyone couldn't figure out on their own. Not like John Edward. I watched him do some amazing things at his lectures ... home in on some amazing stuff that he couldn't have possibly known. Now if he did a cruise, I might be inclined to go. He has an amazing gift.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Val, we may just have to take a look at the Taku Glacier Lodge, Feast & Flight by Floatplane but right now HAL does not have pricing available. This happened last year as well in Juneau. We had our Alaska cruise the first week of May and the pricing and tours for Juneau were not available till first part of April.

lmao, you winding me up Lisa :) I did the Misty Fiords, but I would have preferred the Taku one. Yep and the bear one would be "bloody marvellous" but I couldn't justify the cost to myself. We paid for the Taku one $254!!! But we got our money back so the $500 kept us going for quite a few weeks :)

However for rich folk like yaselves I think you should do the private one lol.

Actually quite by accident we ended up with our very own cessna on the big island of Hawaii, but I was so sccccared :)

Maybe you might come down here and do some sightseeing also, instead of keep going back to Alasak, cause its closer :p

..........Actually quite by accident we ended up with our very own cessna on the big island of Hawaii, but I was so sccccared .........

A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich, overheard the following:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"

Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."

Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in

Germany. Why must I speak English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent):

"Because you lost the bloody war!"

Lisa, I just went to the HAL website and found my booking number. I'd booked through the group and didn't have my booking number so I just plugged in my last name and Mariner number. All the available excursions came up. Last night, when I was looking the excursions over, only a couple showed up so there site might be having some glitches.

Copper, Love your last post :-)

I cannot believe how rude some of these posts are about Sylvia Brown. Just because you may not believe in her abilities doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

If you don't want to cruise with her, don't! But at the same time, don't bash her either.

In some cases I believe...have any of you read the book "Hello from Heaven"?

Yes, I have. Interesting, to say the least. And, I like the book, because those stories don't appear to have much to do with psysics or mediums. Those communications are initiated by the departed themselves ... directly to their loved ones. I firmly believe that if your loved ones want to contact you, they will do it. They don't need a medium to go through and you don't need to pay anyone to "bring" your loved ones through.

Interesting story. My mom died back in July of 1999 and needless to say, dad and I were devastated for quite a long time. I actually thought of contacting a psysic to try and make contact with her, but deferred the idea until I could work through my grief. One of the hardest things for me was that mom never told me she loved me before she died. We just never had the opportunity to talk once she began sliding downhill. Other members of the family, though ... including dad and a couple of my nieces happened to be in the room at times she was lucid and got to say their goodbyes. That hurt me really deep for a long time.

One night I went to bed. I had had a particularly rough day at work and wasn't even thinking about mom at the time. My head was full of all of these new things I was having to learn to do because of some added responsibilities that had been piled on me. I was sleeping very lightly because of all these thoughts praying on my mind. Late into the night ... between one of those periods between deep and light sleep ... I smelled my mother's perfume ... Jean Natah (sp?) that she always wore. It was very vivid. And then ... in my mind ... she was laying there in her sick bed, but she didn't look all that sick. She took my hand, smiled at me, and told me that she loved me and I should never doubt that. While she didn't say anything directly to me about her current condition, somehow I got the distinct impression that she wanted me to know that she was okay, at peace and very, very happy where she was.

That "dream" or whatever it was began the true road to my healing process. Before then, I hadn't even begun to work through my grief. That dream took place close to a year after she died and it really eased my pain.

My one niece has also had very vivid dreams about mom ... dreams where she actually felt her presence and spoke with her. For some reason, though, dad has never had a dream about her, though he did hear her calling to him once while he was gardening. He said it was clearly her voice and he has no idea, nor does he even want to speculate, about where it came from.

So, yes ... the stories in "Hello From Heaven" are very, very believeable to me. The work of most psysics, however, are not. Even a medium like John Edward ... as good as he is, and as sincere as I honestly believe he is ... is not required for a loved one to communicate with you. While I do believe many of them truly have a gift, I feel that many of them too exploit that gift for financial gain. And, that's the reason why I would never pay a medium or a psysic to communicate with those in my past who have gone on to greater riches. I feel that if they want to make contact with me, they will do it. And if I want to make contact with them, all I need to do is reach down inside my heart ... because that is just how close they always are to me.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I cannot believe how rude some of these posts are about Sylvia Brown. Just because you may not believe in her abilities doesn't mean that others feel the same way.

If you don't want to cruise with her, don't! But at the same time, don't bash her either.

Don't worry. I think she can take it. Anyone who puts themselves out as a psysic better have a thick skin. Lots of people are gonna feel, and say, the same things I did about them.

Sorry ... but I feel the way I feel. I honestly do not believe she is all that authentic ... and I will always feel that way about any psysic or medium that charges the kind of prices Sylvia Brown charges. She also has her own church so, I am sure, she can "funnel" some of her profits through that and reduce her reportable income.

I'm not saying she's a bad person ... I honestly wouldn't know. I just say that she's certainly making a very, very nice income from her "gift from God." I have nothing against her making a living with it ... we all have to eat. But if she truly regarded her "abilities" as a gift, she wouldn't be seeking to profit so handsomely from them. The same goes for a lot of other psysics and mediums out there. That's why I stay away from them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Lisa:

I'm not having any problem with pricing/excursion descriptions in Juneau when I access HAL's online shore excursion booking. :confused: When I put in my booking number, I get the whole list. Is there something in particular you're looking for. Perhaps I can get you a price/description?

Karin

Actually, you can view and/or print the entire Alaskan Shore excursion book right off the HAL web site, about 100 pages. You can print half and flip the printed pages over and print the remaining half on the other side if you want to conserve the paper. It's a delightful read.

So, yes ... the stories in "Hello From Heaven" are very, very believeable to me. The work of most psysics, however, are not. Even a medium like John Edward ... as good as he is, and as sincere as I honestly believe he is ... is not required for a loved one to communicate with you. While I do believe many of them truly have a gift, I feel that many of them too exploit that gift for financial gain. And, that's the reason why I would never pay a medium or a psysic to communicate with those in my past who have gone on to greater riches. I feel that if they want to make contact with me, they will do it. And if I want to make contact with them, all I need to do is reach down inside my heart ... because that is just how close they always are to me.

Blue skies ...--rita

Wow Rita,

This is a touching story about your mom. I do agree with your conclusion that all one has to do is reach into their own heart and heal thyself with what they know is true.

I thought I had bookmarked the website that lists all the Chartered groups on each ship. I would love to find again. Thanks

I think the site is no longer functional. As I understand it, it was being maintained, as a hobby, by someone like your or me. It got to be too much and she let the public hobby go.

I honestly believe that we all have a bit of psysic in all of us and sometimes it frightens the dickens out of me. Not often but on rare occasions I have had things happen that I can not explain even to myself. Also when I had my only child a son 30 years ago I was quite lonely during the day time hours, I used to find myself chatting to my grand-dad, who had been gone about 5 or 6 years, I honestly believe he was living in the house with us. He left many years ago, but my grand-dad could talk the hind leg off a donkey, and guess what so can my son!Your story about your Mum has touched me, I don't believe any of us get over the death of our mothers, life just gets easier as time goes on. I honestly believe that we are also our own best counsellors and I have very little tolerance for people who feed off others grief!

A Pan Am 727 flight, waiting for start clearance in Munich, overheard the following:

Lufthansa (in German): "Ground, what is our start clearance time?"

Ground (in English): "If you want an answer you must speak in English."

Lufthansa (in English): "I am a German, flying a German airplane, in

Germany. Why must I speak English?"

Unknown voice from another plane (in a beautiful British accent):

"Because you lost the bloody war!"

Yea and guess what the pilot of the littlest Cessna was Japanese, thank god he was speaking english! Eek!

Archived