alternative eating places in sydney

kaseyoz

I have heard the rock oysters are great in Australia any favorite Sydney restaurants that have them?

Jan

Hi Jan,

Plenty of Sydney restaurants will have them. We are dining at Sails - Lavender Bay prior to our NYE cruise.

They are on the lunch and dinner menu, and also offers this great view.

http://www.sailslavenderbay.com/dinner%20menu%202007.htm

daytime%20bridge.jpg

The restaurant is located adjacent to Macmahons Point ferry wharf, a short ride from Circular Quay.

Cheers

I used to go to the Marigold for Yum Cha on a Sunday. The place was always packed out....and most of the large tables were taken up by extended Chinese families....which is always a good sign in a Chinese restaurant.

You can easily get a bus down George St from Park St. I would think bookings were essential.

If you want a relaxing lunch combined with a Ferry ride then I can suggest you take the Ferry from Circular Quay to Mosman. You go past the Opera House and across to the North Shore and into a small inlet where you can see some of Sydney's most expensive real estate. Nestled at the end of the inlet is the Mosman Yacht Club which is a very low key affair. You don't need to be a member. They serve good food at reasonable prices and the views are lovely. There are usually some very sleek craft to check out if your interested. Then it is only a 2 minute walk back to the Ferry stop to return home. You can also follow a walking path that hugs the shore line and takes you to another inlet from where you can catch a ferry home.

http://www.sydneyferries.info/harbour-attractions/harbour-walks.htm

Try the Bowlers Club - 95 York Street sydney - just across from the Queen Victoria Building - the best value in town - the tourists do not know about it. Three course buffet for $20 (and plenty and fresh) also has a bistro for a quick meal and a Chinese restaurant - which I have not tried but believe is good.

Archived