Pride of Aloha Review Jan 14th - Jan 21st 2007

2Xayear

Duffy's Wife,

I caught that the first time and sent them to the correct addy. :)

I just resent them. Hope they go through.

If you have a problem with getting them now, please email me bianson at Heirloomlinens.com (use "@" not "at") and I will attach them to my reply.

For all those interested, I have scanned the dailies from our Jan 14th NCL POA trip, along with a scan of the NCL Shore Excursions. :)

I will email to any that want it so either post a note here with your email addy OR email me at bianson at heirloomlinens.com and I will send it off.

Hope I'm not to late I forgot to post my email

scottsherrym@hotmail.com

Thank you

Marcy

This is great information.

I'm curious...the days that you are in port overnight, do you have to be back to the ship by a certain time? I'm on the PofA in May and want to plan some independent outings. Particularly the OLL on Maui.

Also, is there a place to park a rental car overnight in Maui? I have no idea where we will dock. I know that when I was in Maui before, I could see a cruise ship on the side of the island near the airport which is opposite side of the island from Lahaina and Wailea.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Come back to the ship whenever you want. We saw people RETURNING to the ship when we disembarked for our 4:00 AM Haleakla Carter Tour!! :D

There is a parking lot right at the dock. No idea on cost but I "think" it was $10??

2xayear, Thanks for such a positive review. My DH usually does not like to cruise when I go but did go to Alaska and has now agreed to Hawaii. He gets sea-sick easy so I thought the NCL island cruises would be much better than crossing the Pacific. Then I read/heard so many negative comments that I was not comfortable making reservations. :confused: I loved the Norway but normally sail Holland America and have never tried freestyle.

After your review I'm sure we will enjoy visiting Hawaii via NCL. Thanks. I've saved on your post on a Word document to review through-out the planning process. Planning the Hawaii cruise sometime during 2008--any recommendations on best time of the year??

BuckeyeLady,

We too had heard many of the negatives surrounding NCL America, but planned this cruise as a way to see Hawaii, and the ship as our floating hotel. We went with a positive attitude and said we were going to enjoy this. And ENJOY we did!! So much so that we plan to do this one again with a large group of family and friends.

I REALLY don't think it matters much on the time of year. Winter and summer temps do not vary much so pick a time that's good for you. If I am wrong on this, I am sure others will correct me....

Whenever you go...Have a blast!!!

Bob

We'll be sailing on the POA in July but appreciate your comments about the various ports. We're still not sure what we're going to do at the various ports but I'm definitely getting lots of good hints here. For me, part of the fun of going on the cruise is checking these boards and getting some great information.

Archived