Pride of Aloha Review Jan 14th - Jan 21st 2007

2Xayear

In spite of some comments on the boards about NCL America, we were pleasantly surprised. We for the most part cruise Holland America, but this offered great value for the money. We treated the ship as our floating hotel, that allowed us to do what we wanted and see much more of Hawaii.

Thanks for posting your great review! We're fans of HAL too but have recently been looking at Hawaii on NCLA - nice to hear something positive about them for a change!

Thank you so very much for this review! We are booked for our 1st cruise 4/15 on the PoAH. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit scared but yours made me feel a bit better. I can't wait! :)

I will be on this same cruise.

Thank you so very much for this review! We are booked for our 1st cruise 4/15 on the PoAH. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit scared but yours made me feel a bit better. I can't wait! :)

I will be on this same cruise.

Hi bob a couple of questions. Is there a bbq on the deck of the ship on embarkation day?.Also did you eat at kahills on the ship what is you opinion of this extra charge resturant. Thanks

I'm not Bob, but I was on the same cruise as he was. Yes, there is a BBQ Sail Away Party by the pool on embarkation day. Hamburgers and salads and cookies. We headed up to the Hukilau Cafe and chose ice cream and brownies rather than eat the cookies. There will also be entertainment with singing and the cruise director emceeing the party. It was lots of fun, but my jet lag caught up with me around 9:00 p.m. We also ate at Kahili's and the food was Italian and, personally, not worth the extra charge. The food was good but we waited longer for the food to come to our table than we ever did in the dining rooms.

As for all of you waiting for the dailies, if I had a scanner I'd post mine, but sorry -- I can't help out.

Hi bob a couple of questions. Is there a bbq on the deck of the ship on embarkation day?.Also did you eat at kahills on the ship what is you opinion of this extra charge resturant. Thanks

I'm not Bob, but I was on the same cruise as he was. Yes, there is a BBQ Sail Away Party by the pool on embarkation day. Hamburgers and salads and cookies. We headed up to the Hukilau Cafe and chose ice cream and brownies rather than eat the cookies. There will also be entertainment with singing and the cruise director emceeing the party. It was lots of fun, but my jet lag caught up with me around 9:00 p.m. We also ate at Kahili's and the food was Italian and, personally, not worth the extra charge. The food was good but we waited longer for the food to come to our table than we ever did in the dining rooms.

Roosa - This was my first trip to the islands and I am now hopelessly in love with Hawaii. We arrived in Honolulu two days before the cruise and were able to go to the PCC, Dole Plantation, and also Pearl Harbor. We rented a car and drove all over the island enjoying the scenery. We golfed and saw some beautiful sights at Kauaii, we checked out VNP at Hilo (our day was cut short because of a medical emergency on the ship the night before and an unexpected stop in Honolulu). Viewing the lava flow at night from the ship was awesome! DH went deep sea fishing off Kona while I enjoyed the beach and shops, and we rode in a submarine and went whale watching and hiking on Maui. Lots of things to go back and see another time -- and there will be a second time! Aloha and have a great trip.

Great review! I did the same cruise in October 2006 and have missed the islands every day since. I know the girl you mentioned she was in the back bar on deck 11 on our cruise and I think her last name was Sao. A true gem, my husband fell in love with her. We did many excursions through private operators and had nothing but good times and experiences. At the end of our cruise as we were docking in Honolulu the earth quake happened - that was interesting to say the least. We hired a car and drove to the North Shore where we stayed for 4 nights in a private house right on the beach - Un B lieveable!! The best experience. All in all our Hawaiian holiday was wonderful.

Sorry all...have not visited this thread for some time. Yes..I am back fropm my business trip and apologize for not responding but I see that Lucy had filled in nicely. :)

I have found the dailies and post them this weekend.

We too ate in the Kahili and frankly had a great meal!! Our waiter had been on the POA for 17 contracts (if I remember correctly). We met a fellow after dinner, that turned out to be hotel manager. Had a nice chat about NCL America and how our experieince with NCL was beter than reports we had heard.

For all those interested, I have scanned the dailies from our Jan 14th NCL POA trip, along with a scan of the NCL Shore Excursions. :)

I will email to any that want it so either post a note here with your email addy OR email me at bianson at heirloomlinens.com and I will send it off.

Archived