Photos

trout96

Do You have to have your picture taken all the time or is there a way around it? I understand if it is for ID but all the others??? Please tell I don't have to stand there and smile.:D < That is a better picture than the ones I take...lol

Either it varies from ship to ship, or they've become more relaxed. On the Conquest a year ago, they seemed very pushy, to the point of being a little irritating. This year on the Legend, a simple "no thank you" worked just fine if you weren't interested.

Trish

Do You have to have your picture taken all the time or is there a way around it? I understand if it is for ID but all the others??? Please tell I don't have to stand there and smile.:D < That is a better picture than the ones I take...lol

Other than the ID picture, you can opt out of all the photos. Just say NO, or avoid eye contact with the photographers.

I absolutely stop and take photos at just about every photo op I can. :D I do this because I like to leave the ship with at least a few pics that I can frame and pass out to friends and family. I take photos at each stop so that I can have more choices and only get a few that I think look really good. :o

The only time I found it bothersome was in the ports where it is hard to get around as you get off the ship. The other "stations" they have set up every night are easily avoided. As for the photographers coming around at dinner...we would just have them take them since there is no obligation to buy. I HATE pictures of myself, but I actually liked some of the ones they took, so I purchased them because it is so rare I like them and have any of me.

When I was in Bermuda, we took the Celebrity Horizon there. We realized there was a Royal Carribean ship at the other end of the island and I wanted to get up close to it to see the real size of it.

After walking up to the dock, taking a few pics and such, I headed back to town. There must have been 5 or 6 stations of photographers. I made sure to stop at each and have my picture taken, even though I wasn't on that ship.

Getting off the ship in Ports . . . if you don't want a picture taken, just smile and walk by. On the ship at all the "picture stations" . . . be very careful . . . their photographers are so good . . . you may end up buying a lot more than you ever planned to do.

After walking up to the dock, taking a few pics and such, I headed back to town. There must have been 5 or 6 stations of photographers. I made sure to stop at each and have my picture taken, even though I wasn't on that ship.

that's evil. i love it.

Trout, don't worry. I've found that a polite "no thanks" does the trick if I'm not in the mood for a "photo opp". However, you should go ahead and let them snap a few. You might be surprised at how good they turn out. If you don't like any of the pictures, you are under no obligation to buy them.

I love looking at my photos from my cruises. It's a fun way to remember your vacation. I always end up buying way more photos than I should. ;)

Enjoy your cruise! :)

There's really no pressure to have pictures taken, but more importantly, if you do get them taken, there is none at all to buy them. The pictures are just posted each day at the photo gallery. You find yours and if you want it, buy it, if not, there are bins for discards so you can take it down and not have everyone else looking at it. Or you can leave it up there if you want to think about it and come back later.

We spent tons on the professional photos, both the "studio portraits" and the pose-with-the-pirate type of stuff. That was one of my main goals on the cruise was to have some decent portraits taken of myself. Every night I was there having them done, and finally on the second formal night (second-to-last night of the cruise) I got some great ones. We also did some family ones.

My only complaint with the photos was that you had to buy the 8X10 picture even if all you really wanted was a 5X7. You could get the large one and then buy a smaller one in addition, but I would have rather been able to buy just 5X7's of several of them which I did not need an 8X10.

My only complaint with the photos was that you had to buy the 8X10 picture even if all you really wanted was a 5X7. You could get the large one and then buy a smaller one in addition, but I would have rather been able to buy just 5X7's of several of them which I did not need an 8X10.

I rarely buy any photos they take except the boarding one....because it shows the date, homeport, and ship's name. I use it for the cover page of my scrapbook of the cruise.

I have bought photos on each cruise, but have never bought an 8x10. Unless this is something VERY new, I don't think you have to buy an 8x10 to get something smaller.:confused:

The only pictures we bought on our last cruise were from formal night. But we bought all of them. :D

Oh.....and I bought the picture taken of us when we got off the ship in Progreso. I was just browsing through them and I spotted our picture (which was REALLY good) so I bought it and I surprised my husband with it. :)

While it is an interuption during dinner, it is those pictures I like the most. On Carnival, they gave us a frame and a picture of the ship when you bought the formal night dining room photo.

I find those pictures to be more "real". Not posed in front of a background, just sitting at a table, side by side.

Those are the pictures you bring back and put on your desk and make all your co-workers jealous! :p

While it is an interuption during dinner, it is those pictures I like the most. On Carnival, they gave us a frame and a picture of the ship when you bought the formal night dining room photo.

I find those pictures to be more "real". Not posed in front of a background, just sitting at a table, side by side.

Those are the pictures you bring back and put on your desk and make all your co-workers jealous! :p

You are so right! I have what you mentioned in my office (the pic of the ship and the one in the dining room in the nice frame) and everyone that comes into my office asks about it.

I have bought photos on each cruise, but have never bought an 8x10. Unless this is something VERY new, I don't think you have to buy an 8x10 to get something smaller.:confused:

When we were on the Conquest last March, we had to buy the 8X10 before they would sell us a smaller size. Were we duped by the photo gallery employee?

I rarely buy any photos they take except the boarding one....because it shows the date, homeport, and ship's name. I use it for the cover page of my scrapbook of the cruise.

All I know is that on the Conquest last March we had to buy the 8X10 before they would sell us a 5X7. Some of the pics they take are smaller than 8X10, but the formal shots all seemed to be 8X10.

On several of our cruises, we were seated at a large table with new faces. After a week of getting to know each other, we had a group photo made at dinner by one of the roving photographers. I bought one and had everyone sign it. What a great memory of our dining companions. :) TG23

All I know is that on the Conquest last March we had to buy the 8X10 before they would sell us a 5X7. Some of the pics they take are smaller than 8X10, but the formal shots all seemed to be 8X10.

same on the liberty oct/nov '06. i wonder if some ship's have different vendors.

Archived