Century Sky Suite Selection

Janet S.

I have a choice of either a sky suite on penthouse deck or sports deck on the Century. Have the balconies on penthouse deck been extended to the same size as those on the sports deck? For a European cruise with the chance of lots of rain, I think that the fully covered veranda might be better. Thanks for any help.

Hi Janet!

Here are all of my pics if you want to see more:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=yoav3wo.2h7x3sas&x=1&y=1e5mfd

Phil - I was a little slow - I saw your photo and thought - wow - someone else took some recent photos of the SS balcony, too. Duh!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Phil

I am booked on a Sky Suite on the Sports Deck. Is that preferable to the Penthouse Deck? I am concerned with noise from the pool, and want the most quiet deck; I am tempted to Penthouse because the cabins are more mid-ship, but does anyone know the difference between Sky Suites on each of the two decks?

Thanks!

Traveling on Century April 7 for Easter with DH and DS8....

hi seansmother... it looks like we will be on the same cruise! we booked through celebrity and were originally in a SS and inside room on the penthouse deck, only because there were no inside cabins available on the sports deck. she told us the verandas on the sports deck were considerably larger, so she put us on a waiting list for an inside on the sports deck and w/in a week one came open. so now we're on the sports deck! it's at the rear of the ship, but she assured me that most people enjoy the little motion you feel in the rear (sorry, not up on my shipboard lingo...is this aft??) don't know if balcony size is important to you, but looking at deckplans and sq. ft. in the brochure, there appears to be a range of veranda sizes, even w/ SS's. but posts in this thread suggest they are the same size...celebrity agent said they were not, but who knows??? many posters here have advised going for the sports deck for the veranda alone....one kind lady was in our same cabin and posted a picture of the veranda...2 lounge chairs, and a table and 2 standard chairs w/ room to spare! as to noise, motion, etc....i couldn't say. maybe others can help us out there.

BTW, i notice you will be traveling w/ your son, whom i assume is 8. our son is 14 and our daughter is 9. she will be thrilled to know there will be someone around her age! are you as excited as we are??:D

I have an SS on the Sports Deck for the 2nd April sailing on Century. I booked this a while ago and before they extended the balconies on deck 10 so there was no contest. I also happen to like the open part of the balconies on deck 12 as it gives a less closed in feel and being half covered half uncovered is fine for me. The deck above (certainly on Mercury and Galaxy) is designated a quiet deck with no jogging allowed and I never noticed much traffic up there (which may of course vary from cruise to cruise). It is also a good location as it is very near the cafe and straight down for dinner. There aren't many cabins and seemed a quiet neighbourhood. One thing that will be of interest is how much noise (if any) I will hear from the basketball court which is located above, forward of the ships funnel. I'm in 1208 which is one of the more forward cabins.

Having said all this, if there wasn't an SS on deck 12 I would be much happier to take one on deck 10 now they have extended them. Previously balcony cabins on that deck had a real cave like feel to them because of the overhang from the deck above and I didn't like that.

Phil

Hi Dixiejen: We are in 1235, and I guess I'll leave it that way. I was just concerned about noise, but doesn't look like it will be much of a problem. We are very excited. Yes, my son is 8, so he will be thrilled to have other kids. He is somewhat shy, hopefully he'll make friends quickly so they can go to the kids club and we have some free time! Looking forward to meeting you.

Hi Dixiejen: We are in 1235, and I guess I'll leave it that way. I was just concerned about noise, but doesn't look like it will be much of a problem. We are very excited. Yes, my son is 8, so he will be thrilled to have other kids. He is somewhat shy, hopefully he'll make friends quickly so they can go to the kids club and we have some free time! Looking forward to meeting you.

seansmother, have a great time and let us know how it went when you get back. I sometimes try to do a live report whilst on the ship and will do my best when we are on her the week before you, but no promises if it interferes with Martini time;)

Phil

seansmother -- we look forward to meeting you as well! i bet being easter week, there will be lots of kids and i'm sure sean will make lots of new friends. my daughter holli has never met a stranger -- i hope i can drag her away from the kids' club!! i read somewhere on here that, particularly during holiday cruises, the kids' program is VERY active. maybe that will afford us a LITTLE adult time!! did you happen to see the post about noise in SS#1247?? sounds as if the whole area is pretty quiet, which will be nice! see you in april!

excitedofharpenden -- hope you have a marvelous cruise! i look forward to whatever live reports you may muster between martinis!! have one for me:D -- and have a great trip!

Archived