Quick Question!!!

traceyu10

The *vast* majority of men wear a tux, a suit, or a jacket and tie.

Will you be denied entrance to the main dining room if he is not wearing one of these outfits? There is about a .000005% chance that he would not be permitted in, even if wearing shorts and a tank top.

Most men do wear their suits/ties. My DH and I enjoy the formal nights since we don't get much chance to dress up at home. Usually once dinner starts, the jacket comes off to the back of the chair, then back on when we leave.

Our last cruise, he just brought one suit and wore different shirt/tie, which helped save room in the luggage.

We've seen all different attire during these evenings. I usually tell people that if you would wear to a wedding, then it should be okay.

Hope this helps - Enjoy!

Almost everyone will be dressed to impress. Tux or Dark suit on the men (you'll see very few "sportscoats, since that's not "formal") and long gowns or cocktail dresses on the women. Is it mandatory? No. Is it polite to dress according to the tradition? Yes!

If you were invited to a "Black tie" wedding, would you show up in Dockers? Please tell me you wouldn't!!!!

It's the same thing on the ship. It's part of the cruise. It's actually fun to look good!

Archived