Saga Rose Greenland Voyager August 2007

Saga Ruby

Before leaving the States, I paged thru the website and made hypothetical choices. But when I walked into that small retail shop and saw one of my top favourites, I knew it wasn't for me. Viewing the choices ahead of time gave me a head-start in walking thru the store and looking at the items in the individual display cases.

I was open to choices and it was a big help that my Ekol Travel guide was walking with me, translating my questions to the saleslady. When she said the carmen-red date bowl was a classic traditional design, that sealed the deal for me. My intent was to memorialize the rich and deep cultural traditions of the Middle East in my "collection" and I am quite pleased with what I bought.

Ruby

And so you should be.

Your beautiful selection will give you much pleasure for years to come.

How I would love to have a carmen-red date bowl like yours.

I have cursed carting treasures on trains and planes many times, but have never regretted buying them once home, only the ones I didn't buy.

I have cursed carting treasures on trains and planes many times, but have never regretted buying them once home, only the ones I didn't buy.

You have me smiling at that comment. One of our pax on Prinsendam bought a small mother-of-pearl table that she was going to have to schlep home and was dreading it. I told her exactly what you said - it's a short-term pain for a long-term gain.

There was a nice ceramic plate in the Yildiz shop that was hanging on a wall behind the cashier. It was handed to me for consideration (never stop a money-mad tourist from spending more $$$$) but I was told that it had a few flaws which proved to be a few tiny lumps of brushed gold on the rim. When I think of the usual ferocious bargaining in Turkey, I was surprised and pleased that Yildiz stepped up and pointed out the flaws. I was getting shopper's fatigue so I passed on the plate.

My five pieces were USD406 (606 New Turkish Lira) and I am completely satisfied with my transactions with Yildiz Porselen. New decorative art pieces certainly do freshen and brighten up a home as does a Ukrainian water bottle in my fridge!

Ruby

I love to bring back a local piece from my travels, but I guess the most trouble was from a large star-shaped wire basket with five candle holders round the rim. It was bought in Luneburg in Germany at Christmas 2007. The spikes for the candles kept popping up through the bubblewrap. I have never tried to bring home porcelain, other than a Royal Delft vintage plaque from Rotterdam, but I could be tempted now when I get to Istanbul.

I also try and get a CD of the local music. In Odessa I bought a CD of Banduro music composed by a student at the Conservatoire there. What, besides water, do you bring home?

Edited by ships cat

I love to bring back a local piece from my travels, but I guess the most trouble was from a large star-shaped wire basket with five candle holders round the rim. It was bought in Luneburg in Germany at Christmas 2007. The spikes for the candles kept popping up through the bubblewrap. I have never tried to bring home porcelain, other than a Royal Delft vintage plaque from Rotterdam, but I could be tempted now when I get to Istanbul.

I also try and get a CD of the local music. In Odessa I bought a CD of Banduro music composed by a student at the Conservatoire there. What, besides water, do you bring home?

Isn't it always the way that we're attracted to something impractical to carry like your large star-shaped wire basket with five candle holders round the rim?

We used to travel via US to Europe for the piece system luggage entitlements (versus the weight system via Asia). We would return home with 8 suitcases, plus 4 hand luggage (with all our breakables).

I bring home unique regional craft, plus some things which I was just attracted to, at the time, like a large tin with "I (heart) New York - The Big Apple" on the lid, with pictures of New York around the sides. Meissen Porcelain and a lamp from Wales were my most fragile purchases.

Music is an excellent souvenir, which is easy to carry. I only have to hear Cook Island music and I'm taken back to Aitutaki. Does listening to your CD take you back to Odessa? What is Banduro music?

Way back in time when I was a newlywed we had senior friends who travelled the world. On one trip (land) her sister went along and they took trains from Scandinavia where they purchased a beautiful modern hand blown bird. I admired it an was told how careful they were with the bird. The sister hand carried it from city to city via train. She left them in Paris and flew home.

A few weeks later they flew home and needed to purchase some groceries. A walk to the main street brought them to the window of our local gift shop. There was the same bird at the same price. All of the special care for nil.

Fran

Way back in time when I was a newlywed we had senior friends who travelled the world. On one trip (land) her sister went along and they took trains from Scandinavia where they purchased a beautiful modern hand blown bird. I admired it an was told how careful they were with the bird. The sister hand carried it from city to city via train. She left them in Paris and flew home.

A few weeks later they flew home and needed to purchase some groceries. A walk to the main street brought them to the window of our local gift shop. There was the same bird at the same price. All of the special care for nil.

Fran

:) Oh dear, what a shock after all their care carrying the hand blown bird. Has that happened to you? It hasn't happened to me for treasures. However, I collect small kitchen utensils, which aren't available in Australia. It is never long before most of them are available locally. :)

I saw beautiful hand-blown glass birds in Iceland, but they were beyond my budget at the time. Very lovely though. How infuriating to see the same one back home like that.

A Banduro is a sort of Ukrainian string instrument a little like a balaleika (sp?) I suppose. The compositions were modern with a hint of old folk tunes. My favourite CD was of folk songs from Nova Scotia, but I have Norwegian, Quebecois, Turkish - all sorts and yes, each takes me back to the country I bought it. What I now do is download all my music onto an MP3 player which I take with me. Then I can listen to the appropriate music if I go back to the places again.

Edited by ships cat

I saw beautiful hand-blown glass birds in Iceland, but they were beyond my budget at the time. Very lovely though. How infuriating to see the same one back home like that.

A Banduro is a sort of Ukrainian string instrument a little like a balaleika (sp?) I suppose. The compositions were modern with a hint of old folk tunes. My favourite CD was of folk songs from Nova Scotia, but I have Norwegian, Quebecois, Turkish - all sorts and yes, each takes me back to the country I bought it. What I now do is download all my music onto an MP3 player which I take with me. Then I can listen to the appropriate music if I go back to the places again.

Sounds like you have a beautiful collection of music. That Banduro music sounds lovely. What a good idea to download your music onto your MP3 player to take with you.

Who was your favourite CD of folk songs from Nova Scotia compiled by? I have a lot of Canadian music from the East Coast mainly.

I bought these, plus other beautiful music, at the annual "Irish Guinness Concert" that used to be held here in February. (The promoter used to entice unique performers here to escape the northern winter.) Whilst the common theme was Irish, he mixed traditional with modern styles of music from experts in their field, from all over the world.

I find music is food for the soul.

Edited by MMDown Under

Hand sanitizing was in full force onboard the ship. One could not walk into the GDR or Lido Grill without having our hands squirted and, after hearing a first-hand account of the Code Red cruise, I was happy to see this enforcement. I got quite a kick out of the towel animals - a different one is placed in the cabin each night. Donald, what is the HAL tradition of having red- and white-uniformed “bellhops” with pillbox hats around the ship?

I have never experienced such an avalanche of passenger paperwork, most of which was sell, sell, sell. I flinched when I would open my cabin door because so many pieces of paper would be spread across the foot of the bed. Amongst the Daily Programmes, individual notes regarding toilet vacuum maintenance or passport control, the unceasing flow of papers were amazing.

I was quite happy with my cabin. Very large with oceanview window. The balcony room next door to me was so small that the pax had to remove a chair and glass-and-chrome table so they could walk around. I had huge areas of open space. The bridge cam was right above my head so I could either look out my large port window to see the Straits of Messina or look at the bridge cam and see straight ahead - a broad degree of view for a geographically-interesting trip.

There was a bit of frustration involved until I learned the hard way to play the “postage for postcards” game, The port agents in individual towns set the postage rate and, in one case I know, they take the mailbags to their hometown where the mail is sent out. My initial attempt began with me walking up to Reception where I handed over postcards and gave my cabin number to charge the postage. The nice lady at Reception said she was so sorry but they required cash. I go back to my cabin, pick up some Euros, walk back to Reception, the nice lady said she was so sorry but postage was payable in USD only. I trudged back to my cabin.

This routine repeated because I assumed that $1 was the standard postcard rate on the ship but, in Kusadasi, the nice lady said she was so sorry but the amount was $1.50. The rate varied by port so I wrote out my postcards in my cabin, called Reception, and they would tell me the current rate.

Toward the end of the cruise, I needed 20 Euros and was charged USD1.59 for the exchange rate when the wholesale rate was USD1.41 and hey, okay, I got my clock cleaned but we were close to Rome and it was a convenience that I paid thru the nose for. In the future, I’ll make a bigger effort to find an ATM near the ship. Lesson learned.

One extra touch by Prinsendam was the gangway set-up. It is the usual metal stairway, teak handrails, brass stanchions, and red carpet at the bottom, but the crew also sets up tall green shrubbery in pots at the end of the red carpet. If the winds were high, the crew would bring out satchels of sand which effectively blocked the pots from falling over. In a row of ships of MSC Poesia, Minerva, and Prinsendam, it was quite pleasant to see the row of green shrubbery beckoning me homeward to Prinsendam.

Ruby

One extra touch by Prinsendam was the gangway set-up. It is the usual metal stairway, teak handrails, brass stanchions, and red carpet at the bottom, but the crew also sets up tall green shrubbery in pots at the end of the red carpet. If the winds were high, the crew would bring out satchels of sand which effectively blocked the pots from falling over. In a row of ships of MSC Poesia, Minerva, and Prinsendam, it was quite pleasant to see the row of green shrubbery beckoning me homeward to Prinsendam.

Ruby

Oh wow, where did you see Minerva? We were just on that ship in Antarctica with under 200 passengers. As far as Mass Market we love HAL and hope to cruise on Prisendam one day. The "Bellhop" dress is found right outside the dining room each night. This person is known as the "Yum Yum" Man on cruise critic.

Edited by Jade13

Marion - my favourite East Coast music was by the Barra McNeils and Lennie Gallant.

Ruby - that system for postcards is the same as Cunard. P&O you charge to your account. I guess they all have their quirks, but I cannot be bothered to search out post offices ashore.

Marion - my favourite East Coast music was by the Barra McNeils and Lennie Gallant.

I love the Barra McNeils. I'm not familiar with Lennie Gallant, so will have to investigate.

Ruby - that system for postcards is the same as Cunard. P&O you charge to your account. I guess they all have their quirks, but I cannot be bothered to search out post offices ashore.

After sad experiences where the mail never arrived, I now tell my family and friends no postcards, unless I'm visiting UK or US as well, so I can send them all from there.

(Warning. My girlfriend gave the necessary paperwork for Tahiti Customs to Royal Caribbean, which made her pearl purchase exempt from tax. Months and months later, they noticed a strange amount on their credit card bill. Yes, it was the unpaid tax, as Tahiti Customs hadn't receive her paperwork.)

Hand sanitizing was in full force onboard the ship. One could not walk into the GDR or Lido Grill without having our hands squirted and, after hearing a first-hand account of the Code Red cruise, I was happy to see this enforcement. I got quite a kick out of the towel animals - a different one is placed in the cabin each night. Donald, what is the HAL tradition of having red- and white-uniformed “bellhops” with pillbox hats around the ship?

I have never experienced such an avalanche of passenger paperwork, most of which was sell, sell, sell. I flinched when I would open my cabin door because so many pieces of paper would be spread across the foot of the bed. Amongst the Daily Programmes, individual notes regarding toilet vacuum maintenance or passport control, the unceasing flow of papers were amazing.

I was quite happy with my cabin. Very large with oceanview window. The balcony room next door to me was so small that the pax had to remove a chair and glass-and-chrome table so they could walk around. I had huge areas of open space. The bridge cam was right above my head so I could either look out my large port window to see the Straits of Messina or look at the bridge cam and see straight ahead - a broad degree of view for a geographically-interesting trip.

There was a bit of frustration involved until I learned the hard way to play the “postage for postcards” game, The port agents in individual towns set the postage rate and, in one case I know, they take the mailbags to their hometown where the mail is sent out. My initial attempt began with me walking up to Reception where I handed over postcards and gave my cabin number to charge the postage. The nice lady at Reception said she was so sorry but they required cash. I go back to my cabin, pick up some Euros, walk back to Reception, the nice lady said she was so sorry but postage was payable in USD only. I trudged back to my cabin.

This routine repeated because I assumed that $1 was the standard postcard rate on the ship but, in Kusadasi, the nice lady said she was so sorry but the amount was $1.50. The rate varied by port so I wrote out my postcards in my cabin, called Reception, and they would tell me the current rate.

Toward the end of the cruise, I needed 20 Euros and was charged USD1.59 for the exchange rate when the wholesale rate was USD1.41 and hey, okay, I got my clock cleaned but we were close to Rome and it was a convenience that I paid thru the nose for. In the future, I’ll make a bigger effort to find an ATM near the ship. Lesson learned.

Ruby

Delighted to read your comments about Prinsendam, Ruby, as this is a small ship which appeals to me.

Pleased you enjoyed your roomy cabin. Moving chair and table to allow enough room to move around would become annoying, so you made a good cabin choice.

Have you noticed how the mountain of paperwork is rarely about what you want to know? On our last cruise the information in the newspaper was often different to the information on the TV. Now that doesn't give one confidence.

Your comment about the row of green shrubbery beckoning you homeward to Prinsendam made me smile. I've noticed touches like that on wharves, in front of other ships, on my travels and have thought it showed an extra level of care for their passengers.

I must admit I have looked at the "free shuttle buses" with envy also, as we trudged off the wharves. Funny how walking all day around an exotic port of call is not as tiring as the walk to and fro along a long wharf.

I almost never send postcards during my cruises. On Rotterdam's transcanal cruise in 1989, I wrote three postcards and gave USD cash to the purser. On arrival in Panama City, all the passengers' postcards and cash were to be sent to the city's post office, where the stamps would be affixed. None of my three postcards were received by my friends. I bet that someone in the post office simply pocketed the cash and tossed the bag of postcards into the trash can.

Before I went on the Hawaiian cruise last March, my friend in Finland asked me to send him a postcard. Instead of browsing tourist shops for a postcard, I simply used the ship's postcard showing Mercury, and handed it to the Front Desk. The 94-cent charge was put on my account. About four weeks later my friend received it.

Donald.

Delighted to read your comments about Prinsendam, Ruby, as this is a small ship which appeals to me.

Your comment about the row of green shrubbery beckoning you homeward to Prinsendam made me smile. I've noticed touches like that on wharves, in front of other ships, on my travels and have thought it showed an extra level of care for their passengers.

I must admit I have looked at the "free shuttle buses" with envy also, as we trudged off the wharves. Funny how walking all day around an exotic port of call is not as tiring as the walk to and fro along a long wharf.

On Prinsendam, the shuttle service on a tour bus was not free. To get into Trabzon, we were charged $8 per ticket so, for a group of four, it was a bit pricey. When we realized that the shuttle went up a gentle hill about 400 yards to the town's main square, many pax were angry.

In Istanbul, to get to the Grand Bazaar, the ticket cost $12 pp. And, if one were to observe the busy coastline road in front of the ship, it was obvious that a nice tram was running constantly along the road, back and forth to the tourist areas. One of the few consistent complaints I heard onboard was about shuttles being costly.

A brief personal story about Istanbul - I sent a note to the ship's security officer explaining that I was a single woman traveling alone and visiting with friends at their home in Beykoz, some 40 miles away, for dinner. The point of the note was that, if the taxi broke down and my cabin number didn't check in, I took full responsibility.

We were told to be back on the ship no later than 10:30pm as sailaway was at 11:00. When I walked back down the pier shortly after 10:00pm, the red carpet and shrubbery were packed away and the Security Officer was wreathed in smiles when he spied me walking briskly toward the ship. We exchanged pleasantries and he said to disregard the two voice mails in my cabin!

Ruby

so you had a good cruise on princendam, i've never yet tried her,but hope i get the chance soon. are you planning anymore saga cruises. see ruby is doing greenland again this year, i'd love to go back to disko bay again. my financial situation is not so good so not sure if,or when my next cruise will be. at the moment am booked on qm2 oct on split cruise onthe uk cruise liverpool-soton. booked on the old hotel rotterdam after that. also volendam sydney-new zealand in december. also booked the queen victoria round uk 2010.

all the best. cannot belive charges foir shuttles you mention. i was in istanbul on royal princess and did grand bazaar

dave

On Prinsendam, the shuttle service on a tour bus was not free. To get into Trabzon, we were charged $8 per ticket so, for a group of four, it was a bit pricey. When we realized that the shuttle went up a gentle hill about 400 yards to the town's main square, many pax were angry.

In Istanbul, to get to the Grand Bazaar, the ticket cost $12 pp. And, if one were to observe the busy coastline road in front of the ship, it was obvious that a nice tram was running constantly along the road, back and forth to the tourist areas. One of the few consistent complaints I heard onboard was about shuttles being costly.

A brief personal story about Istanbul - I sent a note to the ship's security officer explaining that I was a single woman traveling alone and visiting with friends at their home in Beykoz, some 40 miles away, for dinner. The point of the note was that, if the taxi broke down and my cabin number didn't check in, I took full responsibility.

We were told to be back on the ship no later than 10:30pm as sailaway was at 11:00. When I walked back down the pier shortly after 10:00pm, the red carpet and shrubbery were packed away and the Security Officer was wreathed in smiles when he spied me walking briskly toward the ship. We exchanged pleasantries and he said to disregard the two voice mails in my cabin!

Ruby

Would be nice if the cruise line included the cost of basic shuttles to a central point in the fare.

It must have been lovely to have friends to visit in Istanbul, Ruby. I hope you had a lovely evening together.

What a nice secure feeling to know that security was checking on you, even before the 10.30pm deadline.

On my first cruise overseas, on my own, during a visit to Nassau in the Bahamas, we were so late back, we had to board via the crew's quarters. My main memory is of the "laid back she'll be right" attitude of the taxi driver and of all the islanders on the quay cheering us along and laughing as we ran towards the ship.

Edited by MMDown Under

I am not sure if the free shuttles are paid for by the port or the cruise line. I have only ever had to pay once - can't remember where now. I would have thought it was in the port's interest to lay on free ones to get passengers to the shops if nowhere else, unless the cruise line makes a profit from charging for them?

Only one week to go till my first time on board QM2 now, so in full pre-cruise mode - cleaning etc! Am I the only one who likes to clean the whole apartment before I go away ??

Edited by ships cat

I am not sure if the free shuttles are paid for by the port or the cruise line. I have only ever had to pay once - can't remember where now. I would have thought it was in the port's interest to lay on free ones to get passengers to the shops if nowhere else, unless the cruise line makes a profit from charging for them?

Only one week to go till my first time on board QM2 now, so in full pre-cruise mode - cleaning etc! Am I the only one who likes to clean the whole apartment before I go away ??

Only a week to go until your cruise on QM2, ships cat. You must be excited. How long is your cruise?

I'm not guilty of cleaning everything before I go away. I am a late packer and there is always something last minute I make a mess looking for, usually paperwork of some kind. Would be nice to come to a tidy house though.

Only a week to go until your cruise on QM2, ships cat. You must be excited. How long is your cruise?

I'm not guilty of cleaning everything before I go away. I am a late packer and there is always something last minute I make a mess looking for, usually paperwork of some kind. Would be nice to come to a tidy house though.

That's why I do it I think Marion - I don't want to come home to housework! It is 17 nights from Southampton to New York, Boston and Halifax and back again. Lots of long (25 hours going, 23 hours coming back) leisurely sea days on this one!

That's why I do it I think Marion - I don't want to come home to housework! It is 17 nights from Southampton to New York, Boston and Halifax and back again. Lots of long (25 hours going, 23 hours coming back) leisurely sea days on this one!

Enjoy your long leisurely days at sea. You should return well rested. Have you done that round trip before? On my first trip overseas, coming into New York City by sea was an unforgetable magical experience.

Do the changing hours bother you? On our TA, I kept waking up earlier and earlier, as the clocks changed.

Must be wonderful not to have to fly long haul.

Our TA last year was 18 days from Genoa, Italy to Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This involved 3 long haul flights - Aus to Milan, Italy, FL to Venice, Italy, Milan to Aus.

Wishing you smooth seas.

Are you planning anymore saga cruises. see ruby is doing greenland again this year, i'd love to go back to disko bay again. my financial situation is not so good so not sure if,or when my next cruise will be. at the moment am booked on qm2 oct on split cruise onthe uk cruise liverpool-soton. booked on the old hotel rotterdam after that. also volendam sydney-new zealand in december. also booked the queen victoria round uk 2010.dave

And I can't believe the cruises you have booked! What is the "old hotel Rotterdam?" I too loved Disko Bay - once you've been there and cruised to the North Pole icepack, Antarctica doesn't speak to me so much. And penguins instead of polar bears - I think not!

Do the changing hours bother you? On our TA, I kept waking up earlier and earlier, as the clocks changed. Must be wonderful not to have to fly long haul.

On my round-trip Dover-Greenland-Dover, the constantly changing time zones started bothering me. By the time I got back home, I was practically dizzy from changing clocks. And yes, I agree about not having to fly on long-haul flights. As I've said often and recently, I'm done with those flights for the foreseeable future. I have always admired you Aussies and Kiwis who step out the front door and fly incredibly long distances to see the world. By the bye, Kiwis onboard told me that it would cost $30,000 Kiwi dollars for them to do Antarctica. Incredible.

An interesting note - after my return home from Prinsendam, a nice HAL saleslady called to push more cruises. I told her about long-haul flights and she mused, "We are selling many more origination San Diego cruises that go to Asia and points east." She thinks people are burning out on the 10-18 hr. flights.

Ruby

Hi Ruby. Re the old Hotel Rotterdam, I think Seabourndt is referring to the original Rotterdam (HAL), which has been returned to its home city as a hotel and conference centre. I was chatting to an ex-sailor in the maritime museum there and he told me all about the plans for the ship. I would love to stay on her too sometime. Great city!

The long flight to and from Australia is the main reason we cancelled our Oceania cruise this past January. Luckily we've been "down under" before.

We just don't have the stamina that we had before.

We're flying to London in August to see expat daughter and family (including the OBE), and we're dreading that flight to and from also.

Edited by Druke I

And I can't believe the cruises you have booked! What is the "old hotel Rotterdam?" I too loved Disko Bay - once you've been there and cruised to the North Pole icepack, Antarctica doesn't speak to me so much. And penguins instead of polar bears - I think not!

On my round-trip Dover-Greenland-Dover, the constantly changing time zones started bothering me. By the time I got back home, I was practically dizzy from changing clocks. And yes, I agree about not having to fly on long-haul flights. As I've said often and recently, I'm done with those flights for the foreseeable future. I have always admired you Aussies and Kiwis who step out the front door and fly incredibly long distances to see the world. By the bye, Kiwis onboard told me that it would cost $30,000 Kiwi dollars for them to do Antarctica. Incredible.

An interesting note - after my return home from Prinsendam, a nice HAL saleslady called to push more cruises. I told her about long-haul flights and she mused, "We are selling many more origination San Diego cruises that go to Asia and points east." She thinks people are burning out on the 10-18 hr. flights.

Ruby

I also couldn't believe the wonderful selection of cruises Seabourndt has booked.

We don't get to have that pleasure here, as we loose our deposits, so just dream, in the meantime.

Yes Ruby, the cost of cruising the Antarctica from Aus/NZ is incredibly high, which is why my daughter chose to share a cabin on her Explorers' Cruise.

I think the HAL sales lady is correct that people are burnt out from long flights, therefore making other choices.

The greedy airline companies, governments, and airports, with over zealous security, have killed the airline industry and they wonder why people no longer wish to fly long haul.

A wonderful exception is Changi Airport in Singapore. What a joy it is to fly there, especially with Singapore Airlines. In December, we chose a 13 hour stopover just to enjoy their hospitality (gracious ground staff, selection of free tours of Singapore, free movies, free internet, butterfly farm, fresh orchids everywhere, in-house airport hotel room, etc.)

I discovered the world through long haul flying, with free stopovers in exotic places. Whilst I never enjoyed flying, I used to fly regularly, because I had no choice, if I wished to travel overseas. It is hard to believe that flying used to be a pleasurable experience on most airlines, even in economy class.

I'm surprised that the cruise industry doesn't build a niche market out of Hawaii to the South Pacific islands, as well as out of San Diego. They just need to make flying there fun, part of the holiday experience!

The long flight to and from Australia is the main reason we cancelled our Oceania cruise this past January. Luckily we've been "down under" before.

We just don't have the stamina that we had before.

We're flying to London in August to see expat daughter and family (including the OBE), and we're dreading that flight to and from also.

I'm pleased you got to visit Down Under before you started to run out of stamina for long flights.

It helps if you break the journey. I never tired of stopping over in Hawaii, with its wonderful tropical smells, which reminded me of home. However, you need at least 5 days to receive the benefit of a relaxing stopover.

Could you break the long journey to London also? On my first visit to NYC, I flew back to the UK, with a wonderful stopover in Iceland.

My husband, who is totally over long haul flying, has recently shown a keen interest in a Truck Camper/Slide On, with a 4x4 drive, at our local Camping and Caravan Show. :) However, I may be able to talk him into just one more flight to visit our younger daughter in Europe next year.

Edited by MMDown Under