Saga Rose Greenland Voyager August 2007

Saga Ruby

Thanks for your interesting informative reviews, Sharon. Your descriptions brought back many happy memories of visits to NYC and Boston. On my first visit to NYC, by ship, I got up early, like you, so as not to miss a minute of the exciting experience.

After reading your reviews, and with my younger daughter just being in London, I'm overdue for a return visit to NYC, Boston and London. I'm tempted, as there have been some wonderful airfare bargains.

A friend, who recently travelled on the QM2 and had travelled previously on QE2's last TA, thought QM2 was too big. However, it sounds perfect for ocean crossings.

Thanks for your interesting informative reviews, Sharon. Your descriptions brought back many happy memories of visits to NYC and Boston. On my first visit to NYC, by ship, I got up early, like you, so as not to miss a minute of the exciting experience.

After reading your reviews, and with my younger daughter just being in London, I'm overdue for a return visit to NYC, Boston and London. I'm tempted, as there have been some wonderful airfare bargains.

A friend, who recently travelled on the QM2 and had travelled previously on QE2's last TA, thought QM2 was too big. However, it sounds perfect for ocean crossings.

I would agree she is perfect for TAs. I would not want to visit anywhere with tender ports etc. But she did not feel that big inside and in fact felt very like my beloved QE2, and even smelt like her!

i hope something good happens to her, i was hoping to go on the 1 nt on her in august. but have given up SAGA does not seem very helpful at all. i emailed them no response!! think most of the cabins have gone. will go back to qm2 in october i think

dave

You are sailing out on Mercury tomorrow and I hope this X cruise is much more positive for you.

We will look forward to hearing how your voyage evolves as opposed to the unfortunate experiences of your last Mercury cruise.

I have to make this a brief note because I have a brand-new computer keyboard (wireless) and the configuration of the Function keys is a bit different. I keep telling myself, "Patience, patience! You'll get used to it!" Argh!

Ruby

You are sailing out on Mercury tomorrow and I hope this X cruise is much more positive for you.

We will look forward to hearing how your voyage evolves as opposed to the unfortunate experiences of your last Mercury cruise.

I have to make this a brief note because I have a brand-new computer keyboard (wireless) and the configuration of the Function keys is a bit different. I keep telling myself, "Patience, patience! You'll get used to it!" Argh!

Ruby

Donald - Hope this cruise on Mercury meets/exceeds your expectations - enjoy! Where to this time?

Ruby - I sympathise re your new configuration of functions keys on your new computer keyboard.

I'll always remember the horror of trying to type an important document in France on a keyboard where the alphabet keys were in different positions to our keyboard. No matter how slowly I tried to type, I kept making mistakes. Argh!!

Ruby - you are far ahead of me with the newest technology. I am truly a dinosaur!

Oh, I don't know about that. I figure if you can communicate in the e-world, you're doing somethin' right!

Ruby - I sympathise re your new configuration of functions keys on your new computer keyboard.

I'll always remember the horror of trying to type an important document in France on a keyboard where the alphabet keys were in different positions to our keyboard. No matter how slowly I tried to type, I kept making mistakes. Argh!!

Oh gee whiz! I had forgotten about those blasted foreign keyboards. I too was in Paris, was given the use of the Reception computer to check my flights, and I couldn't do it! I quickly realized that the keyboard configuration was different, but even in a "hunt and peck" style, it was beyond frustrating. I feel your pain.

Ruby

Yes Donald, have a great trip.

Donald - Hope this cruise on Mercury meets/exceeds your expectations - enjoy! Where to this time?

Thanks to all for the best wishes on my next cruise! It's really terrific to have pals like you on this thread.

I'm repeating the Mercury cruise to Alaska which I did last month. The reason for this is that I have to use within a year the compensation for my two days' quarantine in my cabin last March (they don't give cash, but I can use the compensation to reduce the fare on my next Celebrity cruise). Since Celebrity no longer cruise to the Mexican Riviera and Hawaii, and I wasn't willing to fly again to the Caribbean, nor to Europe, that left ... (drum-roll!) Alaska. So, Captain's Club Hostess, here I am aboard, nice to meet you again ...

I'll let you know afterwards how things went. I'm actually looking forward to sailing to Alaska, as Vancouver has been under a rare heat wave lately. Yesterday we had a high temperature of 31C (87.8F), breaking the record for that date of 30C (86.0F) set way back in 1941. It's only slightly cooler today. But, what a great way to depart from Vancouver tomorrow, under sunny skies instead of rain! :)

Donald.

As you have had a practice run where all of the mistakes were made, I sincerely hope that all of the players now know their parts and will shine.

Donald, Have a great time no matter what the other players do.

Fran

Have a great time Donald. I would love to "do" Alaksa one day!

We absolutely loved our trip to Alaska. We combined car hire, truck camper hire, Alaskan Marine Highway Ferry and an Elderhostel tour - perfect in every way. Even went to the Alaskan State Fair, where we could hardly believe the size of the giant vegetables (due to long days of summer sunshine). Have a CD by Hobo Jim, who entertained at the Fair, as a momento of a wonderful day.

seems all they said about her being booked was untrue they still had plenty of singles. sadly no numbers until youn get on the ship. anyone going on saga for the greenland trip? i'd love to go there one day again to recollect M.S disko.

dave

On the assumption you have returned early Sunday morning, I'm keen to hear how you were treated by X on your cruise to Alaska.

Did the social hostess treat you more fairly? Were you satisfied with your treatment onboard in regard to your status as a frequent cruiser?

Ruby

Oh dear - I am so fed up with post cruise blues and the foul weather we are having......non stop heavy rain ever since I got back.............I have gone and booked another cruise!!!

I know she's a flat-bottomed apartment barge, but I thought I'd give Queen Victoria a try for four days in October. The price was good for a single and she's not the biggest of them around, so here goes!

On the assumption you have returned early Sunday morning, I'm keen to hear how you were treated by X on your cruise to Alaska.

Did the social hostess treat you more fairly? Were you satisfied with your treatment onboard in regard to your status as a frequent cruiser?

I had a FABULOUS time!!!! I was treated extremely well on this cruise, with every courtesy, especially by the hostess. I will remain a loyal Celebrity cruiser. :)

I'll tell more later, once I've settled back into everyday home routine.

Donald.

Edited by Kapricorn

Vancouver is in the grip of a sweltering heat wave. Yesterday the temperature reached 33.8C (92.8F), breaking the all-time record of 33.3C (91.9F) for the city, set in 1960. During my daily walk along the waterfront, the large fountain in the park looked cool and inviting; other people sat with their feet in the water, but I removed my sandals and T-shirt, stepped in and laid back in the 2-ft. deep water until just my head was above the surface. Ahh!!!

I did my laundry last Monday, and a few shirts still need to be ironed. Ugh, it's simply too hot to think about that.

Writing a post-cruise report during this hot time? Nah, no energy for that. I promise, it'll come eventually. I still have fond memories of last week's cruise.

It's continuing hot today, but I hope that not another record will be broken. Yesterday was hot enough!

Donald.