Sun docks in Cozumel?

clerky96

Doesn't the Sun dock in Cozumel? I just went to Cozumelinsider and looked at their webcam and all I can see are 2 carnival ships. Could this webcam be at a different dock than where the Sun docks? I also looked at the webcam on NCL website and the ship looks pretty far from shore.

There are 6 ships in Cozumel today.:eek: Probably pretty crowded.:(

NCL ususally docks at the pier downtown, while Carnival uses a pier south of downtown, whereas Royal Caribbean uses a pier just north of Carnival.

Hurricane Rita or was it Zelma destroyed all three piers at Cozumel more than a year agoi. Two of the three piers have been rebuilt, the third one should be rebuilt by the upcoming fall.

I believe NCL is currently sharing pier facilities, one week they use the one downtown, the next week they don't.

If the "every other week" is the way they are doing it and they are tendering this week, then it works out that we will be docking on Mar 2. Curious to see.

Is there anywhere that I can go and find out for sure?

Donna

IT seems as if it's been been every other week with the Dream. We're going 2/17-24 and it's looked like every other week, docking/tendering in. Looks like we're docking. Is the NCL pier the one that is by Fat Tuesdays or the one by Carlos and Charlies? I'm not sure where the third pier is.

Also it looks like there are many fewer ships in Cozumel every other week than the next, at least on Tuesdays (when we're there).

The Sun almost always docks in Cozumel. This week is an exception I would guess because of the fact it was in dry dock until Monday afternoon. I am sure NCL didn't want to schedule a docking where they didn't know if they would come out of dry dock on schedule. The Dream on the other hand is another story.

• 2 weeks later...
Doesn't the Sun dock in Cozumel? I just went to Cozumelinsider and looked at their webcam and all I can see are 2 carnival ships. Could this webcam be at a different dock than where the Sun docks? I also looked at the webcam on NCL website and the ship looks pretty far from shore.

There are 6 ships in Cozumel today.:eek: Probably pretty crowded.:(

Just got back on Sunday aboard the Sun. We docked in Cozumel, but my understanding is that sometimes they tender. I think they do know ahead of time because when I asked about tender tickets the first day onboard I was told the only tendered spot would be in Belize.

Archived