Lockers at Port Everglades?

Nellw

My friend and I are sailing on the Westerdam to Aruba Sunday, and when we disembark at the end of the cruise, we have most of the day to wait until our flight leaves. We are wondering if anyone has ideas on what we can do to entertain ourselves there and also if there are lockers we could store our luggage in at the port until we are ready to go to the airport.

Thanks so much!

Port everglades is essentially a shipping port with some warehouses redecorated for cruise ships, I dont recall seeing any lockers. Besides I dont think they'll let you wander in and out after disembarking, theres customs and immigration at the bldg exit and dismbarkation is usually chaotic. They want you out so the next group can come thru.. Not to mention port access isnt like driving up to an airport terminal, again its primarily a shipping port and and there are security gatehouses on the entrance roads that check papers and identification.. I suggest getting a $10 transfer to the airport at the shore excursion desk onboard. At the airport you can stow your luggage in a locker. HAL does offer some ft lauderdale shore excursions for those with late flights, Im assuming they care for your luggage during that time. You could also do one last beach or take a taxi anywhere youd like.

I don't mean to dispute what snownyet has told you but don't count on finding storage lockers at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale (or at any other US airport either); as a security matter, they just don't exist any more. Nevertheless, if you book a Ft. Lauderdale excursion through HAL, they'll handle your bags until you're dropped at the airport. Another option would be to rent a car for the day, in which case you could keep your bags with you. Enjoy your cruise!

I don't mean to dispute what snownyet has told you but don't count on finding storage lockers at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale (or at any other US airport either); as a security matter, they just don't exist any more. Nevertheless, if you book a Ft. Lauderdale excursion through HAL, they'll handle your bags until you're dropped at the airport. Another option would be to rent a car for the day, in which case you could keep your bags with you. Enjoy your cruise!

After further thought youre right, i dont recall seeing lockers at the airport, but Ive never looked for them either, just assumed being an airport theyd have lockers. I know for certain there are none at the ship terminal.

double post

After further thought youre right, i dont recall seeing lockers at the airport, but Ive never looked for them either, just assumed being an airport theyd have lockers. I know for certain there are none at the ship terminal.

Looking at the Fort Lauderdale Airport website (http://www.broward.org/airport/), there is a compnay that offers storage:

Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season; however the Terminal 3 location is open 7 days a week from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm. For more information call 954-394-8001.

I hope this helps.

:)

Archived