2008 Itineraries question

Rotterdam

I am planning a cruise for 2008 to celebrate a milestone event.....I realize it is a bit early, but when do the schedules come out for the "Triplets" for May- October 2008.

You have a great group on this board & Ms. Marita surely is the leader of this pack of Seabournites...I am sure I will be overwhelmed by the Seabourn experience.....thank you for the assist!

Good Mornin' Rotty,

So happy to read you're planning to book with us!:p

Would you consider joining us for the March 2008 Transatlantic Crossing? As you know, Seabourn Crossing's are very special~~~

Many seasoned fun Sailor's are always aboard "plottin' and scheming", hosting festive parties and events~~~it's such a special, magical 12 days! My first Crossing indeed changed my life, as well as my Mother's.

Oh pleeeze say you'll think about it~~~you might even consider staying aboard for the following segment. I enjoyed the 12 days last year, following our Crossing.

I'm not certain as to when the schedule for 2008 May-Oct. will be available~~probably in April.

Have a wonderful weekend!:D

Miss Martita

Thanks for the thoughts.....do you really think I am ready for a first Seabourn sailing & a TA when you are onboard?????? I am afraid I will not be able to keep up!!!!

Yes I have the TA under consideration...it is earlier than I wished but it would be a great prep for me to study under you while onboard(did I say that correctly / properly???). Of course whenever it happens we will have champagne toasts to you Mom & Maureen....

Hugs & warmth to you dear.......

R...by the way ....."who are you anyway"

Rotty (who knows who he is!)

In 2001, Mother had "Sailor fever" and was itching to set sails for Europe~~~of course, as she was on a walker, we couldn't plan a land vacation, so I selected the March Seabourn Pride TA voyage for us. When we boarded in Ft. Lauderdale, we had a mere 97 Guestlist!

Back then, I suppose, folks didn't think a Transatlantic Cross would be a suitable, romantic or a fun holiday~~~but it sounded perfect for us. We stayed in "Mother's home, house # 232--Street 5"~~~and possibly the Pride ship was never ever quite the same again.....we hosted a themed dinner table, "Texas Night"........then again, another themed evening we hosted, "Orchids To You!" We met the most wonderful,intelligent, charming, sincerely down-to-earth folks that we booked the next March Crossing~~~the rest is history. Now the Seabourn Crossings sell out 6 months in advance!

I just wish I had written Crossing Journal's~~~for Auld Lang Zyne

I know you will have a marvelous time~~~a kaleidoscope of great Sailor's aboard a 6* floating moving Island~~~~it's the place to be! Especially for a life's milestone!

I'll start planning a tiny celebration for you!

Hugggzzz's

Martita Pinkie

Hi Rotterdam,

I had the pleasure of sailing for 10 days on a western Caribbean cruise on the fifth HAL ship bearing your username in 1988. Being an avid deck walker, I was in "Hog Heaven" with both the Lower Promenade Deck and the Upper Promenade Deck on that most fine "Old World" sailing ship!

Back OT. If history repeats itself, on or about Friday March 30, 2007, the Seabourn itineraries from March / April 2008 through March 2009 will be available for booking. It is never too early to book on Seabourn! Pinkie is absolutely correct in that as little as 5 or 6 years ago, the Pride and Legend crosings sailed half full. Now they are, arguably, the most popular sailings on Seabourn! On March 30, I too will be sailing on the Pride White Castle to Lisbon so, I will instruct My TA before I leave to sall Seabourn daily to pounce and book my suite on the Nov. 2008 Legend crossing to secure the best single run-of-ship tariff on the first day bookings are accepted.

Do consider the March 2008 Pride crossing as it was recently changed from a 12 to 13 night sailing by adding a sea day and changing the only port of call to Funchal, Maderia. :D With only one port, you will experience 11 sea days of pure pampered Seablourn bliss. Since I have already booked the March 2008 Pride crossing last year, I look forward to meeting and sailing with you. I must warn you though, Pinkie can be VERY convincing — she actively and agressively recruited me to join these Pride crossings! ;)

Welcome to Seabourn Cruise Line and BonVoyage! :)

I am planning a cruise for 2008 to celebrate a milestone event.....I realize it is a bit early, but when do the schedules come out for the "Triplets" for May- October 2008.

You have a great group on this board & Ms. Marita surely is the leader of this pack of Seabournites...I am sure I will be overwhelmed by the Seabourn experience.....thank you for the assist!

On the Mexican Riviera last week the only big news I could get from the cruise salesperson was that Japan would be on the 08 list. At the last count-- i got-- 43 passengers had made an on board booking--there may have been a few more last minute. A good number were "open" waiting for 08 info!

I'm glad to hear some new destinations might be on the horizon!

I'm not expecting big changes, but Japan for sure--could be a trip North while in Southeast Asia. It didn't sound like it was going to be a major commitment--maybe like the Mexican Riviera this year! That addition has been well received!

Thank you for the responses....

Martha....please have a place for me on your dance card!!!! The TA does seem like such a luxury...I promise I will only book a TA when you are onboard! I am laready chuckling at the thought of the possibilities!!!

PeaSea8ch...yes Rotterdam V is my favorite...did you ever see the plaque on the Upper Promenade Deck dedicated to a British Lord who raced around the deck in full black tie in the 1960's...everytime we were onboard I would try it...great fun after a full evening onboard.....another evening pretending to do a Fred & Ginger routine on the staircase in the Ritz Carlton Ballroom...we made it to the top of the staircase...only to be tossed down it...ending on the floor laughing & looking at a crowd looking down at us(thankfully Ginger's dress held on ok!).

OT...thanks again..I'll look into the schedule & followup..yes Marita is very convincing...but oh what antics.....

Just a little curious....but if the TAs are so popular and book so quickly, as has been noted here....then why are they discounted 50%?

And another question since walking/racing around the deck has been brought up (with apologies for veering from OT), but can one get a pretty decent walking workout on Seabourn, and on which decks? Thanks!

Just a little curious....but if the TAs are so popular and book so quickly, as has been noted here....then why are they discounted 50%?

And another question since walking/racing around the deck has been brought up (with apologies for veering from OT), but can one get a pretty decent walking workout on Seabourn, and on which decks? Thanks!

I think you answered your own question in a round-about way regarding the TAs - since these are usually the least expensive Seabourn cruises (due to the 50% discount) they fill up fairly quickly. I'll bet if they were sold as full price, they would not be sell-outs.

I think that the triplets have a great set-up for walking on the Sky Deck. You may have to manuever just a bit if there are large amounts of sun-bathers however. You may also have the occasional "traffic-jam" when one of the SkyBar crew are passing out some of the "treats" like suncream, frozen fruit skewers, sandwiches, lemonade, BBCs, even hot chocolate on cool days.

Enjoy! :D

CruisinMatt, I just now saw your post as I was "offline" for awhile. You and I came up with essentially the same answers. Itsally, I think to ensure every suite gets sold. Probably, the Seabourn marketing department wants we crossers to book either the cruise before or after the crossing. I have done this twice for a longer, wonderful Seabourn sojourn! :) Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the business side of Seabourn could provide a better answer.

The best deck for walking is Deck 8. However, if you want to run, you would have to do this when the deck is unencumbered with loungers, either late at night or before the sea rooster crows and the deck boyz are getting the decks set up for the daily activities. The Sky Bar is only a few steps away if you become thirsty and the bar wait staff is always coming around offering water and various fruit drinks to the sun-worshipers so I quite often avail myself of a glass of water as I pass by.

The "straightaways" are narrow and there is not too much passing room when the loungers are angled toward the sun. I think there is a picture in the Seabourn brochure that shows this. To get the best workout, I walk as fast as possible during the day. This is a good way to get the heart pumping and a great workout for your legs. If there is vessel motion your leg muscles work to keep your balance and you have to work a bit harder to keep from bumping into the sun-worshipers on the loungers and the attentive wait staff as you pass by. As you round the corner at the aft end of the ship, you may need to utilize your hopscotch skills as there are quite often passengers playing shuffleboard there.

Don't forget the gym has several treadmills....I didn't find the decks of Seabourn very conducive to exercise, since as already noted they are narrow and usually have people and/or chairs taking up the space. However on my last cruise, there was this lady and her husband who, I kid you not, seemed to be walking around and around and around deck 8 (as much as you can, which is pretty much in a very small circle) every time I saw them.

I think the gym is great. You can see out, a bit, to the ocean from certain treadmills. I also appreciate the refrigerator in there with ice water and chilled washcloths!

Jane :)

Archived