Updated dry dock info?

ddean52

This was the last one I have seen posted on here. ? Things do change often though.

Monarch of the Seas 01.16.2006 - 01.27.2006

Majesty of the Seas 01.27.2006 - 01.30.2006

Radiance of the Seas 02.05.2006 - 02.19.2006

Empress of the Seas 10.28.2006 - 11.09.2006

Rhapsody of the Seas 02.09.2007 - 02.18.2007

Grandeur of the Seas 03.31.2007 - 04.14.2007

Serenade of the Seas 04.24.2007 - 05.10.2007

Mariner of the Seas 04.29.2007 - 05.06.2007

Jewel of the Seas 05.09.2007 - 05.25.2007

Sovereign of the Seas 12.03.2007 - 12.10.2007

Radiance of the Seas 01.19.2008 - 02.02.2008

Voyager of the Seas 02.2008

Brilliance of the Seas 04.14.2008 - 04.28.2008

Adventure of the Seas 05.2008

Navigator of the Seas 11.2008

Explorer of the Seas 01.2009

Legend of the Seas 04.2010

Freedom of the Seas 04.2010

Enchantment of the Seas 05.2010

Vision of the Seas 01.2011

Splendor of the Seas 03.2011

The Brilliance drydock on that schedule is correct, per an e-mail last week from RCI. "The next dry dock for the Brilliance of The Seas is April 26, 2008 to May 05, 2008." It was originally supposed to be May of this year, but it was pushed back to next year. Bedding is still scheduled to be replaced this spring.

Where do you find an official drydock schedule? I heard that Serenade is going in sometime around the 17 of March for engine changes?

The Radiance class ships are adding a diesel to their engine rooms for use while in port, running a turbine to produce the tiny amount of electricity they need while in port is very wasteful, since a turbine uses nearly as much fuel idling as it does at full power. So, they're going to add a diesel since it can burn the same fuel as the turbine, only much more efficiently while in port.

something I don't understand. I noticed that Radiance will be in drydock on 1/19/08, which doesn't affect me because I am going on her on 1/05/08 (wish is was after the drydock but "oh well") my confusion is when I looked on rccl website, they are selling cruises on Radiance for the week of drydock? Why would they do that? Shouldn't they just have all cabins as NA?:confused:

something I don't understand. I noticed that Radiance will be in drydock on 1/19/08, which doesn't affect me because I am going on her on 1/05/08 (wish is was after the drydock but "oh well") my confusion is when I looked on rccl website, they are selling cruises on Radiance for the week of drydock? Why would they do that? Shouldn't they just have all cabins as NA?:confused:

Not totally sure, but my guess is they changed the dry dock date. Besides, they wouldn't list the cabins as N/A, they just wouldn't have any reference to an itinerary for that date. You can tell for instance when Grandeur is going to be in dock since there's a two week gap in her itineraries.

Not totally sure, but my guess is they changed the dry dock date. Besides, they wouldn't list the cabins as N/A, they just wouldn't have any reference to an itinerary for that date. You can tell for instance when Grandeur is going to be in dock since there's a two week gap in her itineraries.

so, if I do some research on Radiance and find a gap in sailing dates then I can feel pretty sure that they will be in drydock?

so, if I do some research on Radiance and find a gap in sailing dates then I can feel pretty sure that they will be in drydock?

Probably, except that a gap in the sailing dates can also mean that the ship has been booked for a private charter. :)

what do they do to the ship while its in dry dock?

:confused:

Whatever maintenance that is required, from replacing carpeting, furniture. Engine things etc that can't be done as efficiently while there are passengers onboard.

what do they do to the ship while its in dry dock?

:confused:

Unless there are major renovations planned, which are usually announced, the purpose of dry docking is to inspect the hull and other things, (props, shafts, pods, etc.) that are under water. Other things that can't be done with passengers on board are also done (like adding a new engine, major renovations, etc.)

Usually some cosmetic items are completed but not as much as we would like to think because those things are being constantly completed even with passengers on board. Usually painting, carpeting, bedding and other flooring issues are not handled in dry dock but on an ongoing basis.

As I stated when I put that "Dry Dock" schedule on for the OP. That schedule came out in 2006. That was the last updated one I have seen on here. RCCL changes things all the time when it becomes necessary.

If these dates have changed, hopefully a newer schedule will be posted on here by someone who has seen one. ;)

If your cruise was going to be in "Dry Dock" and RCCL knew that, they will not take your money and book you on a cruise to "Dry Dock". :)

Really?...LOL:D They took our money for our Empress 4/08 cruise, and it doesn't appear that it is going to be sailing anywhere. :D

Ah, but notice how carefully I worded that. I didn't say "take your money and lose your ship."

Don't forget I am still worried about my Nov. cruise too. :( We are all in the same boat. Or, standing on the same dock waiting for it. :D

If your cruise was going to be in "Dry Dock" and RCCL knew that, they will not take your money and book you on a cruise to "Dry Dock".
:)

what do they do to the ship while its in dry dock?:confused:

Here's part 1 of a 2 part video from myspace that tells a lot about Radiance 2003 drydock, the second part is on what I guess is a banned board, so it blocked the URL, oh well, you can get to it from myspace.

Part 1; http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1426161508

Hope this helps to explain a little.

That'd be my guess.

Ok I checked and I can't seem to find a sailing for Radiance on Oct 13 -21 2007 But she will be in California. Could this be a drydock? Or does someone have a cruise booked for that week? I'll keep checking if someone is cruising that week.

Radiance OTS October 13-21, 2007 is a privately chartered cruise to the Mexican Riviera. As is Serenade out of San Juan March 3-10. And I thought the Serenade cancellation was for engine repair/replacement. I was wrong. :)

Radiance OTS October 13-21, 2007 is a privately chartered cruise to the Mexican Riviera. As is Serenade out of San Juan March 3-10. And I thought the Serenade cancellation was for engine repair/replacement. I was wrong. :)

How does one find out when the ships are chartered. Where do you get this info? I have never had reason to look for it. :confused: Thanks

I posted the WRONG dates for Serenade, too. Before anyone panics..March 10-17, 2007 is a charter. I had "3" stuck in my brain. A friend suggested that I check Atlantis Events for their charter schedule. And he was correct. It is easier than searching on the boards. :D

Archived