• 4/5 day
    • 6 Day
    • 7/8 Day
    • 9/10/11 Day
    • 12/13/14 Day
    • 15 - 30 Day
    • The longer the better
    • Other

7-8 days is ideal for me at most times, and I pretty much refuse to go on anything less than 7, but if the opportunity is presented to go on a 9-15 day cruise and we can do it without me getting a serious whipping from the principal (usually limited to summer or other school breaks in that case) I'll do it.

But 7 days have gotten a lot of use from me....and will continue to. Spring break, summer, winter break.....so much fun...so many options....so many places to go.

Guest Time2gocruzn

If I have to go thru packing for 2 kids and everything that comes along w/ them, plus packing for my DH, (which might as well be considered another kid), and myself, plus pay for airfare, and research all the ports we are going to, (because nobody else who is sailing with us seems to be interested in doing it), it BETTER be at least 7 days worth of vacation! I would never pay for airline tickets only to go on a short cruise and fly right back home. I figure, go big, or stay home. :cool: Now if I lived close to a port, I may feel differently.

10 days...NO LESS!!!! we figure you lose the first and the last days, so now you're down to eight. we did a 10 day in april and there's no way we'd go for less anymore...

i must say the weirdest part of a 10 day cruise was that when we got home, it took me a good 2 days to get me land legs back. i'd never had that problem before and i was, quite frankly, amazed it happened this time. it might have been the rough seas on the last 2 days, but i think it was because we'd spent more time on the sea...

anyway, wobbly legs or not...10 days is the only way to go!!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have done 7,9,10,11 and18 days. Some were back to back, and one 3 way back to back.

Comment== We enjoy the long trips but rather have a 7 day max when having traditional dinning. Pretty well talked out after seven days. (smile)

I did a 14 day cruise on the Elation and it was fantastic! I could have just moved there. We were at sea for 9 of the days and I thought it was the best cruise I had ever been on- I'm not hard to entertain mind you- LOL. I thought the longer time gave everyone at dinner more of a chance to get to know one another and it was great getting up each morning and knowing you really didn't have to worry about anything. There were no excursions to catch and no real time schedule except for dinner of course. There were just days and days stretched out ahead of you to gaze at the horizon and lay in the sun.

Archived