• 4/5 day
    • 6 Day
    • 7/8 Day
    • 9/10/11 Day
    • 12/13/14 Day
    • 15 - 30 Day
    • The longer the better
    • Other

I have done a 5 might, and recently an 8 night. Think I am ready for a 11-14 night. i have only done 2 cruises, the most recent one reminded me how much I enjoyed the first.

What a great way to vacation!!

Beth

I voted for THE LONGER THE BETTER.

The way I would best answer that would be (and this from the vantage point of being on the LAST day of whatever cruise I am on) that the cruise should be about 2-3 days LONGER !!!

you know... after reading other responses.. I realize that there are potential DOUBLE MEANINGS to some posts... even though that was not the intent..

:D

Tom

i know that 3, 4 and 5 are all too short....been there, done that.....and i have enjoyed the 7 night ones very much. Have not tried longer so don't know if i would like it or not. I think I probably would, if land worries could stay away from my mind.

I think once my kids are both out on their own and I am retired...I will have to try at least one longer one. Until then....1 7 night per year would be wonderful!!!

The majority of cruises I've done have been the 7-day'ers. However, we've started doing more of the 10-11 day and enjoy them much more. It just seems as if the 7-day'ers go by much too quickly to suit me.

Seriously, I know that in our case...it usually takes us at least 2 days to unwind, so to me that means that the first two days don't even count as vacation time yet...so 7 days was not enough for us the last time, which is why we decided that we'd try a 14 or 15 day the next time. I can't tell you how I am looking forward to trying a longer cruise.....that cruise for us is so far away, but at least it's something to look forward to.

14 days was too much...halfway through I began to miss my family.

4 days isn't enough...I was just getting accustomed to where everthing was.

7 days was perfect...short enough to do several times a year, short enough to leave you wanting more.

I've only cruised once, 7-nights cruise, and I am not considering a cruise for less than 7-nights. If I was leaving right by the port, I would consider 3-4 days cruise but since I am from Canada, 7-days is a minimum with all the ''getting there'' involve.

I know they're never long enough but I've only got just so long to be gone.

We squeezed in the 8 day Legend a couple times and that one extra day made a big big difference to us

I really do think I could do a month or so and be just fine

Except for one 10 day cruise, all our others have been 7-8 days. I voted 10 because I loved having those extra days. Due to travel and time constraints, we will probably continue to do 7 day cruises. Now if I could only get my DH on one 10 dayer. :rolleyes:

We got married onboard the Grand Princess on a 7 day cruise with family and then took our honeymoon the next week on the Golden Princess. Even after the back to back cruises we didn't get enough cruising in.

We've done a bunch of 7-dayers, a number of 10's, three 14's and a 21.

For the money one spends for airfare from the West to the East coast, seven dayers just don't cut it. 10's are OK, 14's better and 21's are just about perfect.

It takes a while to work up to three weeks on the water for some people. I can remember our first cruise, a 10-dayer, and we thought we'd go nuts if we had to spend another day on the ship, so we switched to week cruises. That felt good for a few years and then it seemed like you just got unpacked and it was time to pack again. Just too fast.

Three weeks is just about the max for us. Can't imagine a world cruise, you can only be pampered for so long, yes?

What about size?

MINIMUM of 70,000 tons....85.000 was extermely nice. Although I like to feel some motion, I don't like TOO much. One day, hopefully I'll be able to experience the over-100,000 ton one!!!

Whoo-hooo! I get excited ;) just thinking about it!! :D

Archived