Auckland embarkation...what time???

mringenoldus

We are staying at the Hilton on the pier. I understand that this is not the most organized port in terms of boarding, so we would like to get on early as we only have to walk across the pier.

What time has the Sapphire been opening the line for checkin and boarding? The website says 1:00PM but that typically means about 11:30AM.

Recent NZ cruisers - can you help? Thanks!!

Hi Maureen - Sorry to hijack this thread but have you told your husband about this cruise yet? I knew it was going to be a surprise for him - hope he was really surprised! What a great gift! BTW - my brother was one who was extended another 5 months so we won't see him until August (total 2 years). I think I read that your son made it off recently.

When we boarded last year the ship was docked on the side of the pier next to the Hilton. We were there around 11-11:30 and a long line had already formed - snaking about 50 feet and doubling back on itself in front of the HIlton, then inside the HIlton. The embarkation security screening, immigration, and checkin was all inside the Hilton.

I would plan on 11 or so. Should be easy for you since you're right there.

Thanks, Chris!

Theresa!!

It's always great to here from you!! How's your mom? Garrit was given the cruise in August as a birthday gift so now he knows. We are both really excited about it. I still have a few sneaky plans left (like he's going to go up in classic WWII airplane in Tauranga)

Hope we get together on a cruise again soon. My next surprise for Garrit is Panama Canal on Dec 26 on the Island Princess. Think about it!

Archived