Is this normal for the cabin steward to....

not bother turning down the bed the last night? Or picking up the soiled towels? We left out voucher and a slice of cake for him and he did not bother coming by. I noticed that he did not vacuum our room but one time. No extra tipping for him....:rolleyes:

This doesn't sound normal. Our cabin stewarts always turned our bed down evert nite. Our cabin was always clean with plenty of fresh towels. Sorry about your cabin stewart not doing his job on the last nite. I'm sure he picked up his tip and the cake you left him.

Judi :)

We always tip our cabin steward in the morning of the last day in person. We always like to have a few words with him to let him know how appreciative we were for all his hard work in making our cabin as clean and comfortable as possible. And no, it isn't usual for a cabin steward not to turn your bed down the last night. We got fresh towels, our bed turned down and a towel animal as usual the last night on all of our cruises.

NO, definitely not normal, maybe there was an emergency that prevented him from coming around that night. Was he good the rest of the cruise? Maybe you were really neat so he didn't need to vacuum more than that. LOL

What does happen if your regular steward falls ill or injured? Do they have substitute stewards?

Sue

Agree. Can't think of any cruise we've taken where the bed wasn't turned down every night - including the final night. And except for one cruise, we even were greeted with a towel animal on the last night.

Not that it matters, but which ship and sailing were you on?

If that really turns out to be the case...if he doesn't turn down the beds..and doesn't clean the room - or vacuum and you know that for a fact...then I would go further than not giving him extra. I'm not sure I would give the suggested amount.

But I would have to be really sure. If he simply missed one night...perhaps you had the do not disturb light on accidently. Those things have happened to us. Then I wouldn't lower the tip.

Archived