Booking future cruises onboard

ArizonaRalphie

Does anyone know if it is financially beneficial to book future cruises while onboard? Yes, we are that cheap.

TIA

$100 per person covers your total deposit on a future cruise. You also get OBC of from $25 - $75 pp depending on the length of the cruise and if you book an inside or outside cabin. You have four years to use the Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and you can get your money back if you don't use it. You don’t have to choose the future cruise while you’re onboard. They will give you a letter sometimes called a FCC certificate explaining it all to you. You can book later through your own TA and still get all the same benefits as if you had actually booked it onboard. Even if you booked an inside cabin and got the minimum OBC of $25 pp that is still a return of 25% on your $100 deposit. What’s not to like.

This is the ONE no-brainer purchase you'll make on the ship. It's basically a great investment if there is the slightest possibility you'll go on another Princess cruise during the four-year period (of course, the sooner the better!)

Les

One other great thing about FCCs is how easy they are to use. You can use it to book and hold that must have cabin on a future cruise at no additional cost since the FCC is your deposit. If you change your mind, no problem. You just get your FCC credit back and use it on another cruise. You can basically shop around cruises and not have to make any additional cash deposits if you use an FCC for each passenger.

I did this several weeks ago and it only took a few seconds for them to transfer my FCCs from a cruise I had previously booked to a new one I was booking.

Yes; not so much for the price of the cruise (you can do better by doing a ghost booking and shop around for the best cruise price), but for the reduced deposit requirement and the onboard credit. Free money is free money. So yes.

Absolutely agree - free $ is free $ !:D

We always book the FCC's for those onboard credits, plus it's great to know we can take our time using them toward future cruises- not like the other cruise lines that require bigger deposits and have shorter times to cash them in. Plus, it's so much fun to know that now you really "HAVE" to take cruises in the future!!!:)

my husband who is not joining me on this cruise? My daughter and I are cruising and my husband is in the Persian Gulf. How would that work? I would pay a $100 deposit for myself, $100 for my daughter, and whatever the regular deposit is for my husband?

Thanks!

Kim

Archived