Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios

blackjck

Ocho Rios - Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Cove was great.

Grand Caymen - Went to seven mile beach but didn't like it much. Getting in the water it was really rocky and then there is about a 2 or 3 foot drop off right as you are gettin in. When we came back, went to Breezes which over look the port and had a Hurricane made with Big Black Dick rum. Voodoo was are bartender and he was a good one.

Last year I did the Off the Beaten Path Jeep Excursion in Grand Cayman. It was pretty cool, went to a resort were we could snorkle or just chill at the bar. I chose to walk down the beach and pick up shells. It also took you to Hell, through Barkers National Forest and some other places you wouldn't normally go to. It ended at 7 Mile Beach with lunch of chicken, hot dogs, chips and drink. It was pretty much all you can eat. There was plenty of time to walk around town and shop also afterwards.

In Ocho I did a quad excursion, cant remember the name of it, but it was a lot of fun. We rode up two miles up into the countryside, and had some awesome views!! It was so beautiful. I won some jerk chicken, which was extremely hot!! Good thing they had beer there too. Our driver took those of us who want to go to Dunns River there, and it was wonderful. I can't wait to take my kids there someday! Had plenty of time to shop in Island Village, have a free margaritta at Jimmy's and get back on the ship to sit in back of the ship to watch us sail away!

Hi,My husband and I just got back today from cruising on the Conquest. In Grand Cayman we took the Ray Runner Tour and it was our favorite thing we did all week. Each couple gets a 12 foot inflatable boat with a 40hp motor on it, you drive your own boat out to an area to snorkle. The snorkeling was SO beautiful there. Then you get back into the boat and ride a little ways to the sand bar to feed and see the stingrays. You can take all the pictures you want, there is no rushing, and our tour was only 12 people, so that was really nice too.

We went to Margaritaville after that and they are way overpriced. Grand Cayman dollar is like 1.25 to us, and that might not sound so bad, but to give you an example, we bought 4 drinks, 3 of those were in souvenier "bong" like cups and paid 72.00 US dollars. It was a fun environment and loud, but I just hate for someone else to be surprised at how expensive it was.

Hope you have a GREAT time, whatever you choose to do!

Hi,My husband and I just got back today from cruising on the Conquest. In Grand Cayman we took the Ray Runner Tour and it was our favorite thing we did all week. Each couple gets a 12 foot inflatable boat with a 40hp motor on it, you drive your own boat out to an area to snorkle. The snorkeling was SO beautiful there. Then you get back into the boat and ride a little ways to the sand bar to feed and see the stingrays. You can take all the pictures you want, there is no rushing, and our tour was only 12 people, so that was really nice too.

Was this tour through the ship or private? Haven't heard of this before. Trying to figure out what we will do when we are in GC, know we want to do the stingrays but not sure how to get there.

My wife and I were there last December and figured we'd just explore on foot... Big Mistake! The port is right in the middle of a crappy part of town, and there's nothing worth seeing nearby. We spent maybe 40 minutes off the boat, bought some coffee and liquor, and hopped right back onboard. The excursions will take you out away from the port and all that junk. Like many others here, we also heard good things about Dunn's River Falls.

Georgetown, Grand Cayman is much nicer (re: more developed), and you can safely, and easily navigate on foot, if you choose not to take a planned excursion.

Archived