Parking at the Pier in Seattle questions...

akh40

We are cruising to Alaska on Royal Caribbean in August, driving from Boise. In doing my research, I found out that we are leaving from Pier 30 in Seattle. There is parking at this pier, according to the Republic Parking Northwest website, but only for RV's if you're cruising on RCCL. The CAR parking for RCCL is at the other Pier, Pier 66, which uses the Bell Street Garage. I'm confused. If we have to park at Pier 66, do we walk the 2.2 miles to Pier 30 with all our luggage, or is there some sort of shuttle? The only thing I can find on the parking website about this is taxi or limo phone numbers. It doesn't make sense to take a taxi or limo 2.2 miles, although walking that far with luggage doesn't make sense either. Anyone else done this, and can help me? Thanks! This board gets more traffic that the West Coast Departures board, which is why I've posted here. Thanks again.

Amanda:)

We are cruising to Alaska on Royal Caribbean in August, driving from Boise. In doing my research, I found out that we are leaving from Pier 30 in Seattle. There is parking at this pier, according to the Republic Parking Northwest website, but only for RV's if you're cruising on RCCL. The CAR parking for RCCL is at the other Pier, Pier 66, which uses the Bell Street Garage. I'm confused. If we have to park at Pier 66, do we walk the 2.2 miles to Pier 30 with all our luggage, or is there some sort of shuttle? The only thing I can find on the parking website about this is taxi or limo phone numbers. It doesn't make sense to take a taxi or limo 2.2 miles, although walking that far with luggage doesn't make sense either. Anyone else done this, and can help me? Thanks! This board gets more traffic that the West Coast Departures board, which is why I've posted here. Thanks again.

Amanda, both my brother and sister have cruised Princess which also leaves from Pier 30 and they have parked their "cars" in the lot at Pier 30.

Is this the website you visited?

http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/parkingandtransportation.shtml

I did visit that website, and was directed here:

http://www.rpnw.com/seattle/park/cruise/

...which is where I found that info. I'm sure if your brother and sister had no problems parking their car at Pier 30, I won't either. Hopefully my car will be sitting safe and sound when we disembark.:) Thanks for your reply.

Amanda

I did visit that website, and was directed here:

http://www.rpnw.com/seattle/park/cruise/

...which is where I found that info. I'm sure if your brother and sister had no problems parking their car at Pier 30, I won't either. Hopefully my car will be sitting safe and sound when we disembark.:) Thanks for your reply.

Amanda

Amanda, I see what you mean. I think they just haven't updated their website. Last year Royal Caribbean left from Pier 66, not Pier 30.

Last year I think only Princess and Holland America left from Pier 30, hence the "car or RV parking" for them and RV parking for the others as at Pier 66 there is no parking available for oversized vehicles.

"Park here for:

• Holland America car or RV parking
  • Princess car or RV parking
  • Norwegian RV parking only
  • Celebrity RV parking only
  • Royal Caribbean RV parking only"

I sent Republic Parking Northwest an email requesting that they update their website to show the change in Royal Caribbean's pier location to Pier 30.

As you know, it's confusing!

Wow, brunolvr, talk about going above and beyond! Thanks very much.

Amanda

• 2 months later...

Amanda, according to the Port of Seattle, RCCL will be docking at Pier 66 this year. Have you had any contact with RCCL to confirm that?

Last year, Princess and HAL docked at Pier 30. We saw a lot of "cars" as the ones with four door, seating maximal 5 people kind of cars parked there. Also saw vans/SUVs etc.. I do see some RVs parked there as well.

Amanda, according to the Port of Seattle, RCCL will be docking at Pier 66 this year. Have you had any contact with RCCL to confirm that?

The website, Royal Caribbean customer support, and my docs (going on the Vision in May) all say Pier 66. I had to change my car rental plans because of the old Pier 30 info.

Archived