Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I am so freaked out about this room now.:eek: We have C749 and C751 booked on Caribbean Princess this July. Anyone else ever have these rooms??

Originally Posted by Victoria123 viewpost.gif

"Just got off the CB and had this full suite. Previews reviewers are correct.....there is an extremely noisy exhaust vent next to the balcony. It was LOUD and annoying...plus there is a wicked stench on the balcony. Smells like garbage that's been left out in the sun. We NEVER used our nice, big balcony!"

Felt compelled to jump in on this one. We were in C749 in June on the Caribbean Princess. Totally agree with Victoria123 - the noise was so loud, it was almost impossible to carry on a conversation and the smell was just as she described - completely obnoxious and certainly took away your appetite for having breakfast on the veranda. C751. next door, smell and noise not as obvious (we checked - had friends there) and in C753 - not noticeable at all. C749 had very large veranda (if you wanted to be out there) - C751 smaller veranda with pole obstruction, but room was bigger. Hopefully, Princess has been working to correct this problem.

Vic49 - how were those rooms when you went in July? If you could open the divider between the 2 verandas - that probably helped. C749 is worse than C748 - on the other side of the vent - seemingly because the vent angles towards C749. Would never book this room again nor recommend it - until someone tells me it has been fixed!

Would, however, book the CB in the future - loved the boat! Anyone have any information about Vista suite D737? We looked at it before disembarking - about the same size as C749 and one room away from center aft. And, a bit less expensive. Anyone out there ever stayed in that room? Any information would be much appreciated. Hope to book soon! Thanks!

Was not good. Just below deck on the starboard (right) side and we heard chairs scrape allllllll night, as this was the SMOKING side of the deck. ALSO smelled smoke all of the time while on our balcony and we are not smokers, so this, our first balcony experience, really stunk, figuratively and literally.

Didn't get much sleep because all of the chair noise day and night.

Too far forward for me- Much walking for you to get to the foods and pools. (heck we had an aft cabin and dinner in the midship dining room which became too far to walk by midweek)

you have an obstructed oceanview room- your view will be a wall. This wall is located on a public deck that other passengers will have access to.

But on the better news-- not many people know they can go out there.

http://thumb6.webshots.net/t/52/152/1/44/57/2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

IF youhit rough waters you will feel the motion the most in these forward cabins.

Just a thought. We always bring a small fan or 2. They make them that even come apart. Turn that on and we don't hear much. We had a ship once that we were near the anchor and as we got to all the islands so early that always woke us but I think we had to be right beside it.

Good or bad location...Caribe 738

Was going to book Caribe 742 but thought it might be noisy from the room attendents using the stairs if there is any.

Can anybody elaborate.

Thankyou

Caribe Deck

69_caribe.gif

Good or bad location...Caribe 738

Was going to book Caribe 742 but thought it might be noisy from the room attendents using the stairs if there is any.

Can anybody elaborate.

Thankyou

we had C753 on the other side- that white area was MY hall way. I shared it with no one. there was a linen closet next to 743.

there are stairs on the outside deck but it is only used for the muster drill and the fire door is closed during the rest of the week.

if you can grab 753 or 752 the balcony will be huge

Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin, or can you offer any pro's or con's about location, etc.!

:D Thanks in advance for your time.:D

5255 is an inside cabin-- dark--extremly dark- sleeps 2 people. Pictures you see on the web is what you will have. No sofa in the room

Back recently from cruise on Valor, had our first Cat 11, 7275, space was great (thanks to sr rate and hurricane season) however, it was very noisy in hallway until 2-3am. It was midship and close to elevators, but also close to an open atrium area. The band/singing noise from several floors below filtered up but it was as if we were right there on the same floor. If the bands/singers had been good wouldn't have been so bad (a few nights wasn't bad). Also, the dinging from the elevators was fairly constant and rather loud mostly late at night and early morning starting around 5:30 am. Valor is a great ship though, loved it and had a great time regardless! From now on will include ear plugs in my packing requirements and get further away from elevators ;)

Cabin R40 (Riviera) on the Carnival Fascination was great. There were no stairs nearby and nothing but other cabins above us. No noise from below. Also, R40 is not adjoined to the cabin next to it, so that was a benefit.

Sting Ray

Just recently returned from a 12 day Mediterranean Tapestry cruise with Holland America and stayed in room 8048. This is a Superior Verandah Suite. This is also a room that smells like grease. The smell came in from the ventilation system. Ended up having to store my clothes in ziploc bags so that I didn't smell like a french fry! I would suggest avoiding this room unless you consider grease an appropriate perfume.

Just got back on first NCL cruise and even though it was the last cruise before refurbishing, I was extremely satisfied with the balcony room. Good location to either end of ship. Plenty of closet space, although not enough hangers for 13-nighter. Shelves in closet, drawers in coffee nook and nightstand. Safe. Coffee maker. Large, comfortable bed, but I like them hard, and fluffy. Warm white comforter. Air conditioning and heating worked great. Bathroom had separate shower with sliding glass door on left, sink in middle with glass shelving on both sides of mirror and commode with sliding glass door to right, although if you are a big person, which I am not, there is not a lot of space to move around in there.

"Has anyone stayed in Cabin 8193 on the Miracle? Anyone know if this cabin is good or bad locations, we were just upgraded and see that is under the cafe"

JUST RETURNED FROM A CRUISE FROM HELL ON THE MIRACLE. WE AND OUR FRIENDS OCCUPIED 8175 AND 8177. THE NOISE FROM THE BAND RENDERED OUR ROOMS UNUSABLE FOR MUCH OF THE DAY AND OFTEN WELL INTO THE NIGHT (12:45 A.M.) AND THE CHAIR SCRAPING BY STAFF HAD US UP EVERY MORNING AT 6:00 A.M. ASKED THE PURSERS STAFF TO SEND US TO ANOTHER COUPLE OF CABINS AND WERE TOLD THAT THE SHIP WAS FULL. HOUSE KEEPING STAFF ON OTHER DECKS,TOLD US THAT THERE WERE NUMEROUS OTHER CABINS AVAILABLE.

WE TOO WERE "UPGRADED" FOR FREE. THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF THE OLD 'BAIT AND SWITCH". WE UNWITTINGLY MOVED INTO ROOMS THAT CARNIVAL WAS UNABLE TO SELL, LEAVING CARNIVAL OUR ORIGINAL BOOKINGS FREE TO RESELL. CARNIVAL WILL NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO MISTREAT THESE GOOD MULTIPLE RETURNING CUSTOMERS AGAIN.

AVOID ALL CABINS IN THIS AREA UNLESS YOU ARE STONE DEAF !

AVOID ALL CABINS IN THIS AREA UNLESS YOU ARE STONE DEAF !

I'm a little deaf. Can you speak a little louder? This proofs mine and other cruisers theory that you never book or accept a cabin (no matter how good a deal is) until you look at the deck plans first and see what is above or below you.

Yes, if you're "good multiple returning customers" of Carnival's (of any line, really), you should know that booking guarantee cabins means you can end up in the undesirable locations. Of course, everyone thinks they're going to get some great upgrade for free.

Me, I'll book the cabin I want a pay a few dollars more, thanks.

And I always like how people don't find Cruise Critic to do some research (like on this thread and others), but can find it to YELL AND COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THEIR CRUISE WAS!

I'm sorry you were in cabins you didn't like. I loved the cabin I had on Miracle (7192) and hope I'll love the aft balcony I booked for next year. I made sure I carefully looked over the deck plans before booking.

I asked a lot of questions and looked at photos and asked "the experts" about it, so I already know the plusses and minuses of the cabin. Certainly cuts down on the unpleasant surprise factor, yes?