Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I asked about moving to an upgraded cabin and they told me they were gone too? am I calling the right place - called Carnival cruise directly - amazed me too? totally surprised.

I had thought looking at Magic that 8404 Verandah would have cabins above & below- is that not right? If they move you - how late in the game would that be? when are you notified? how bad of a room selection might you get?

You are a huge help. I appreciate this a lot - I hope the rest of my planning goes a bit easier.:):):):)

Thanks so much,

Michelle

I asked about moving to an upgraded cabin and they told me they were gone too? am I calling the right place - called Carnival cruise directly - amazed me too? totally surprised.

I had thought looking at Magic that 8404 Verandah would have cabins above & below- is that not right? If they move you - how late in the game would that be? when are you notified? how bad of a room selection might you get?

You are a huge help. I appreciate this a lot - I hope the rest of my planning goes a bit easier.:):):):)

Thanks so much,

Michelle

Because the cabins are gone I think theywill not move you.

For your sailing--its worth the gamble.

They can not move you to less then what you paid-- so you will get the type of cabin you at least booked

8404 does have cabins above ane below--but connected to a cabin that holds 4 people.

Michelle- my email address is Serene56@aol.com type in cruise critic on the subject

Edited by serene56

3 of us are planning to book our first balcony cabin on Navigator of the Seas for a Mediterranean cruise for next May. The selections of cabins we have been given for a D1 class are 2 beds with a pull out couch. Does anyone know if the couch is comfortable? Also, does anyone have any input in cabin 1674?

3 of us are planning to book our first balcony cabin on Navigator of the Seas for a Mediterranean cruise for next May. The selections of cabins we have been given for a D1 class are 2 beds with a pull out couch. Does anyone know if the couch is comfortable? Also, does anyone have any input in cabin 1674?

1688/1388 is the best/biggest balcony onboard.

here is the album

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

48331199pAsxdv_th.jpg

54367616JOwPXZ_th.jpg

We often have an adult daughter with us. She sleeps on the pull out couch. She says it's ok. She liked the rollaway bed better. I think that anything on board is better than staying home!

Unfortunately both of those cabins are booked. :( The pictures were helpful, though! Thanks!

an agent told you they were gone? They usually do not show up online.

Any aft cabin that holds three people will have a bigger balcony then on the side

We will be sailing on April 28th 2012 on Carnival Dream and were wondering if anyone can tell us a little about this itinerary. Also was wondering if anyone has any pictures of room 7372 on the Dream. This will be our first balcony cruise.

can you move to an 8C.

7420, etc?

I can not believe that all the cabins on empress are gone.

12/4 is kind of an off season. take your chance with booking a quad cabin.

Remember Magic is just coming to Galveston in Nov, so its one of the first cruises from Galveston. Quite a bit of excitement if you ask me. Galveston is considered a premium port by Carnival these days, or so Im told.

I just booked Triumph coming to Galveston for 11/7, at at least $50 more pp than I have ever paid for a 5 day, .. because it too is a new ship to Galveston and prices have been high.

We will be sailing on April 28th 2012 on Carnival Dream and were wondering if anyone can tell us a little about this itinerary. Also was wondering if anyone has any pictures of room 7372 on the Dream. This will be our first balcony cruise.

I do not have a picture of your room, but if I can find a pic of mine I will post it as it will probably be similiar. We were in a "cove" balcony on deck 3, which we liked. However I can tell you that on your deck, the laundry is across from 7347, so luckily you won't be near enough it to hear the noise, but close enough to use it.

The itinerary you chose is wonderful. In Costa Maya we went with a private tour to Chacchoben with Native Tour and loved it. In Belize we took a ship excursion to Altun Ha and it was NOT great. In Cozumel we rented a car and drove around the island which we thoroughly enjoyed.

Have a wonderful trip. you will love this ship.

We were in a "cove" balcony on deck 3, which we liked. However I can tell you that on your deck, the laundry is across from 7347, so luckily you won't be near enough it to hear the noise, but close enough to use it.

Could you talk a bit about cove balconies? I think that they sound wonderful! Do they have as much space as regular balconies?

Could you talk a bit about cove balconies? I think that they sound wonderful! Do they have as much space as regular balconies?

The cove balconies were less expensive than the 'regular' balconies, so we were actually very pleased with our choice. I would choose this again.img001.jpg.101f1113eca020cf39572474936cd3ce.jpg

the first photo is at night with the draperies drawn, the second one shows the 'cove' effect of the balcony. It is just a bit more sheltered, but the view was wonderful sitting out there every morning.

img002.jpg.87ac218c3d9ed1017378843414601b8e.jpg

On our previous cruise we had selected an extended balcony near the aft on the Carnival Splendor. It was more expensive and did not even have a sofa (in the room).

Edited by finiansbay

Has anyone stayed in U 6228? Its a balcony room. Anyone has any pictures? Ive been on the Liberty twice but never in a balcony. Plus on my other two sailings Ive been on deck 10 n 11 loved it. Had family ov it was great. But thanks in advance.

an agent told you they were gone? They usually do not show up online.

Any aft cabin that holds three people will have a bigger balcony then on the side

An agent did tell me they were already booked. I cannot believe they are both gone so early. I will just have to work up to those and take a balcony on the side for this ride!

We just booked our second cove balcony because we love it, and it is a great value. Our kids loved being able to see the water. We saw flying fish and dolphins. Since our children are younger, we liked the way the cove balcony is closed in a bit. it just made us feel safer when they were out there.

It is much lower on the ship, so be prepared to walk a bit. We just consider this our exercise program.

We just booked our second cove balcony because we love it, and it is a great value. Our kids loved being able to see the water. We saw flying fish and dolphins. Since our children are younger, we liked the way the cove balcony is closed in a bit. it just made us feel safer when they were out there.

It is much lower on the ship, so be prepared to walk a bit. We just consider this our exercise program.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a cove balcony?

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a cove balcony?

It is a balcony that is cut into the hull see Carnval Dream, Magic or Cunard.

Cove is the only way we go if available on the ship.

Edited by scchasgal

Compared to a standard balcony the cove balcony is larger 35 standard balcony 40 cove balcony

Edited by scchasgal

Most balcony cabins are extended out from the hull of the ship, and have glass between the rail and the deck, allowing you to look out and down while seated.

'Cove' or 'Hull' balconies are simulated balconies. It is like taking an ocean view cabin, Putting a wall with a door and/or window about five feet from the outside wall, and then removing the outside window, and enlarging the opening from rail height to the deck above, giving an outside area to your cabin that approximates that of a balcony. Of course the inside area of your cabin will then be reduced in that same amount of space, as compared to a 'real' balcony cabin usually on higher decks. In addition if you are seated on the 'balcony', you can only see the sky, as you are looking into a steel wall below the rail. In some cases, if the weather gets extremely rough, some of these hull balconies have storm closures that the crew will close to protect the ship. Then you won't even have a window....

. In some cases, if the weather gets extremely rough, some of these hull balconies have storm closures that the crew will close to protect the ship. Then you won't even have a window....

The storm closure just seals the door not the balcony itself so you still have a window.