Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Question! Being on the Conquest in 7408 and daughter is in 7418 , her husband gets a little motion sick will it be worst in the back of the ship..Last cruise on the Elation we had room U42 and it was great and I never felt the motion of the ocean. You've been so helpful!

Hi everyone! New to the boards :) I have been on many cruises but it has been at least 5 years since my last cruise. I booked a 6 day cruise for my honeymoon and after a lot of thought booked the aft wrap balcony room 7445 on the carnival valor. Is this a good room? Know the aft wrap balconies on deck 6 and deck 8 are bigger but I am a very light sleeper and did not want any noise from the pool or clubs. Hope I picked a good room!

Hi everyone! New to the boards :) I have been on many cruises but it has been at least 5 years since my last cruise. I booked a 6 day cruise for my honeymoon and after a lot of thought booked the aft wrap balcony room 7445 on the carnival valor. Is this a good room? Know the aft wrap balconies on deck 6 and deck 8 are bigger but I am a very light sleeper and did not want any noise from the pool or clubs. Hope I picked a good room!

its a good choice of cabin

Question! Being on the Conquest in 7408 and daughter is in 7418 , her husband gets a little motion sick will it be worst in the back of the ship..Last cruise on the Elation we had room U42 and it was great and I never felt the motion of the ocean. You've been so helpful!

if you hit rough waters you will get motion no matter where you go. You just dont want to be forward as that is where most motion happens.

U42 is forward-- you woulda felt it. But newer ships have stabilizers.

its a good choice

Hi

Has anyone stayed in this room? Any noise issues? There is a small gap between this cabin and the next one on the plans and unsure what this is. Does anyone know?

Would be grateful for anyones views on this.

Thanks

Very cool thread!! How does everyone know the layouts of the ships that well? From multiple cruises or just research? Either way, KUDOS! Very helpful for a newbie like me. :D

We're cruising RCI in February, Deck 6, Stateroom 6574. It's a deluxe with a balcony. I didn't even think to ask the travel agent if this room was over or near anything noisy. :eek: Wouldn't want bumping music or chairs being dragged along the floor to ruin our romantic getaway!! Saw that we seem to be towards the middle of the ship and there are no elevators near our cabin.

Does anyone have any info on this area of the ship? Thanks! ;)

Very cool thread!! How does everyone know the layouts of the ships that well? From multiple cruises or just research? Either way, KUDOS! Very helpful for a newbie like me. :D

We're cruising RCI in February, Deck 6, Stateroom 6574. It's a deluxe with a balcony. I didn't even think to ask the travel agent if this room was over or near anything noisy. :eek: Wouldn't want bumping music or chairs being dragged along the floor to ruin our romantic getaway!! Saw that we seem to be towards the middle of the ship and there are no elevators near our cabin.

you can see any deck plan by going to the website of your cruiseline and then the ship then the deck plan OR

google: ships name deck plan.

We will need a ship name as rCI has many ships with different layouts.

I love being located by the elevator- you get no noise from the elevator. If you get rude passengers-- they will be rude in the hall too.

you can see any deck plan by going to the website of your cruiseline and then the ship then the deck plan OR

google: ships name deck plan.

We will need a ship name as rCI has many ships with different layouts.

I love being located by the elevator- you get no noise from the elevator. If you get rude passengers-- they will be rude in the hall too.

Oops! Newbie mistake. :o:p

Adventure of the Seas. I'll Google it now. Thanks. :)

on this class of ship-- the 6th deck has the metal partition instead of plexiglass. can you move up to the next deck.

the metal partition kinda gives the balcony a closed in feeling

Good Morning oh wise and wonderful Cruisers!

I have just booked this room for a cruise next year for my honeymoon - Is this a good room? It is between two passenger decks so I thought it should be quiet. Will this be okay?

7363 is around where the room service station is located-

I LOVE 7411 (a lower categorty then what you have--

Across the hall from NO NEIGHBORS - so less noise. around the corner from the stairs/elevators. two decks for food. down two decks for entertainment.

We had this once on Freedom- twice on Liberty

We just had balcony cabin 8160 on Allure of the Seas, near the stairs and Central Park. Seemed like a great location, but... there was a service area across the hall, and stateroom attendants and room service staff went in and out starting VERY early in the morning:mad:.

It seemed like no one tried to close the door quietly behind them, they just let it bang shut. Luggage came through that door as well-it was a large area for carts,etc. Best to avoid if possible- perhaps closer to 8150 would have been better...

I had 2217 on Carnival Glory last month. It's one of the coveted 1A cabins (normally an inside with upper/lower beds) that has one bed, one convertible sofa and portholes. Perfect for a solo.

There is a thread on the Carnival board about these non-standard 1A cabins. In that, people had mentioned that there could be noise from being on a lower deck near the bow.

I wasn't worried about noise when docking since I'm an early riser anyway.

But I'll tell you - I wasn't really prepared for the SLAMMING of the ship against the water at night when she was cranked up to a higher speed.

The first time it woke me, I thought it was just the typical inconsiderate drunken neighbor slamming their cabin door, but then I realized that it was coming from lower down and from the hull. It was like someone had slammed a huge, steel door - BOOM - then the ship would shudder side-to-side.

Anyway, I think I'm done with cabins in the bow. I've had R7 on old Jubilee on my first cruise when we had 14' seas and I was green the entire time; E52 on Elation (felt a lot of movement even though the seas appeared fairly calm); 7205 on Victory (one of the special "inside" cabins that overlooks a forward deck and where the people let the door out onto that deck slam and there was considerable movement felt).

The good thing about 2217 on Glory was that I actually LOST WEIGHT on the cruise. It's a long, long way from deck 2 forward deck 9 aft! Plus, I took the stairs the entire time. And I ate at least 5 times a day. :D

First cruise, splurged on grand suite on upper deck. Read somewhere that there is AC intake nearby that makes it very noisy on balcony, perhaps around U101. Anyone have any idea if U107 will be okay?