PhotoShow

Trobrah

Hi,

A few months back I posted photos of our 2005 excursion. I added music but neglected captions. The attached URL now contains captions. I attempted to refer to a specific island's name only once, so all of the photos that follow are of that island until you get to the next reference point.

Enjoy,

Jay

http://www.photoshow.net/watch/kH2hE2IC

Thanks for posting the PHOT SHOW. That was awesome. My wife and I are on the 2/25/07 departure. Your photographs are awesome. You are a talented photographer. May I ask what you were using (digital or film) and if digital what resolution you were shooting at? I saw you had a pretty long lens. What zoom was it? How many total pictures did you take?

All pictures were taken with a Canon 5MP, 3X optical zoom digital camera. Most were taken within 5-10 feet of the subjects so the 3X was sufficient. We probably took slightly over 1000 shots.

Jay

Thank you for posting your gorgeous pictures!!:)

My DH and I are going on November 30th for the 11 nighter. I was glad to see what the Marriott looked like, I haven't seen any pictures of it before.

I can not wait to run into a sea lion traffic jam:D !!

Thanks again,

Peggy

Hi Jay and Susan, your filmshow is terrific and it's really given us an insight into what we can expect in September this year. I notice that the snorkellers wore back packs/floats - were these specifically for the less experienced snorkeller or did everyone have them. We do snorkel, but are by no means experienced and are a little unsure what to expect - how did you find the water temperature.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Photos! I think I had that same camera, now upgraded to a superzoom Canon S2IS so I could get closer pics of any far away animals, whales ect. I have never seen anyone else show pics of spotted eagle rays on this trip, now I am really excited, my first encounter with them was snorkeling in Belize, Amazing!

For the underwater shots we used a Canon SD550 and a Canon camera specific underwater housing. The housings are significantly cheaper at Amazon than at Canon.com and are made for a number of different cameras.

The crew made you wear vests everytime you got into the Zodiac. They were the same one required for snorkeling. We went in September and it was cold enough for most people to want wetsuits (they have both full length and shorties).

Jay

Archived