Help with Dinning Seating

kcliff01

Deb , how did you get your table number? I tried calling that number they suggested on this, She said they don't have that information. To the guy above you on this- I happen to cherish the alone time I have with my husband that we have so little of. I WANT a two person table.

Hal's TA, you can go directly to the Ships Coordinator. Call that department. It's the same one where you order "gifts", Pinnacle Grill etc.

Please be aware that although you can get a seat assignment, it is not guaranteed as the Maitre D and Dinning Manager on the ship has complete control of his ship. We know, because we had our table taken away the last 3 nights of our cruise on the Veendam last year. We said something and were told it was not our table (we are sure it was given to a ccuple in a more expensive suite). We got shuffled around to different tables the last 3 nights and basically because my Dh is a chef himself decided not to make a big deal about it. Although we hads had a window, all the seats in the dining room were very nice...This was the only "flaw" all week, we loved HAL and are crusing with them again.

I contacted the Ships Coordinator and was told to go thru the TA. I'd already done that, but I don't feel like they would have done more than just contact them, and were told they'd put us on the waitlist. This really aggravates me because the time we wanted was available when we booked and someone (either HAL or the TA) messed up. I told them this but no one would admit they were wrong. Anyway Robert told me that because of security, they couldn't talk to me personally about my booking. So, I guess it depends on who you talk to. They discussed it with me on other cruises and even confirmed a dining time that had been waitlisted. I think some of them just don't want to mess with it.

I forgot something. My husband and I always request a small table. We usually get a table for 4 but have ended up several times just the two of us. Which is ok. We've never had bad table mates when we did have them. Last year on the O, we were with a couple from Calif and they only showed up the first and last night. We enjoy being alone but the company sometimes is nice too.

Archived