Grandeur Grand Suite?

Hi...I just booked a grand suite on the Grandeur and would appreciate any comments, suggestions, etc. anyone has about the location, size, noise level and whatever else. I chose 8508 because it is behind the elevator doors and there's no cabin across the hall.

I hope I made a good decision. Funny, from what I've read, many of you seasoned cruisers love the aft, but the suites on the Grandeur are all on the bow on Deck 8. Seems like they'd put them on the aft, but what do I know? I still haven't been on my first cruise! :eek:

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks!

Grandeur is a Vision class ship. All the ships in that class have the suites in the forward part of the ship. We stayed in a Grand Suite on Grandeur many cruises ago and from my perspective you have made a great choice. You have a nice, quiet location. Having stayed in Grand Suites on every class of ship except Voyager class, I can tell you that we have had no problems with noise from the deck above except on Sovereign. The Grand Suites on the Vision and Radiance class ships (and I think on Voyager-but I don't know for certain) have the same basic floor plan. The living/sleeping area is L-shaped with a nice marble bar which has drawers and a refrigerator under it. The wall along the balcony is all glass and the balcony is large. There is lots of closet space, a dresser along side of the bed. The bathroom will have a tub/shower combination, two sinks and more drawers. I think it is a great cabin layout with lots of room. Enjoy!!

Archived