Jewel/Istanbul dock

VicKen

Anyone who has done the Istanbul -Athens cruise on the Jewel tell me where the Jewel docks in Istanbul? Since we board on Saturday and don't sail until Sunday afternoon we are trying to plan some activities that will be in close proximity to where we are docked.

VicKen

Anyone who has done the Istanbul -Athens cruise on the Jewel tell me where the Jewel docks in Istanbul? Since we board on Saturday and don't sail until Sunday afternoon we are trying to plan some activities that will be in close proximity to where we are docked.

VicKen

Pretty much everything in Istanbul is in proximity to where you'll be docked. If you're travelling by car, expect up to 25 mins (and the taxi drivers are INSANE).

But all (or most) of the other sights in Istanbul are quite close together (Blue Mosque & Haighia Sophia are in each others back yard)....Topkapi is around the corner.

I think there's a link to pics in my sig file which shows where the Jewel docked... Try this http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2371053080080057173jGURhw you can also scroll through the other pics at the link below. I took this pic from inside Topkapi Palace, and you can clearly see the ship not far away.

Hope that helps.

i didn't think to look for our ship when we were there, guess i was too busy taking in the sights. AND oh, what sights they were! maybe the fact that it was years ago and our ship was a lot smaller then they are now..?

We were in Istanbul for 3 days prior to the cruise. We had planned to leave the ship and return to the area of the Blue Mosque where we spent most of our time but once we boarded we didn't leave. The cab ride was about 25 min from our Inn. We just sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view. The harbor is one of the most exciting I've seen. Lots of boats to watch and nice to be on the ship when it's quiet! Enjoy your trip. We loved Istanbul and the rest of the cruise. Really great trip!

Archived