Passports: how long did it take for yours?

familyreunion

We got ours in 3 weeks in October. I got antsy & paid an extra $65 to rush mine up. Had given them my birth certificate thinking I could get another one if passport didn't come in in time. However, due to Katrina, it's taking months to get another bc in Louisiana. Had my passport 3 days after I called but DH's came in a few days later through regular procedures.

We applied on Dec. 26 and the website says they were mailed out on Feb. 2, so about 6 weeks (assuming it actually comes this week). Considering this is supposed to be a busy time with the new regulations, I think that's pretty quick. They originally told us it would be Feb. 28.

• 2 weeks later...

We (my mom, sister and I) applied around the first week in December and got ours in about 6 weeks, all at the same time.

Our friends (2 sisters) applied the day after we did, at another place, and the first one got hers about 9 weeks after applying, and her sister got hers the following week (so, 10 weeks). So odd since we all applied at same time, not sure what created the delay, the location they applied or...????

We applied on 29 Dec. The estimated delivery date keeps changing. It started at 6 Feb and now the latest estimate is 18 Feb (a Sunday!?!). 20 Feb is more likely. That would make it almost 8 weeks.

I checked again this morning. The status message was updated to say that the passports were mailed yesterday via USPS Priority mail. ETA is still 18 Feb.

Haven't you learned yet.....not to believe what your gov,t told you ?? We went thru the P.O. here in Jersey and it took around 6 weeks. All the stuff the P.O. collected for the application went to the regional gov,t office in Philly to be approved and and finalized, then returned.

CIAO,

I checked again this morning. The status message was updated to say that the passports were mailed yesterday via USPS Priority mail. ETA is still 18 Feb.

My passport showed up today. We're still waiting for DW's. The status message said it was sent out the same time, so I expect it should arrive tomorrow.

My passport showed up today. We're still waiting for DW's. The status message said it was sent out the same time, so I expect it should arrive tomorrow.

DW's showed up today. My passport took about 7 weeks, her passport took just less than 8 weeks. Our passports were mailed back to us on the same day via "Priority" mail. Her passport took an extra 5 days.

There were 4 federal holidays during those 8 weeks.

Hubby mailed his on Jan 29th and it just showed up for the tracking and says we won't get it until 1 April----the day we fly to New Zealand.....I guess we are going to be calling to see if we can get it expedited. We still have to do visas and immigration forms. UGH----if only hubby had listened when I mentioned I thought passport had to be good 6 months after travel (his expired in July----). It took us a few weeks to realize his needed to be renewed and now we are pushing the envelope.

I may be traveling alone. :eek: :(

Archived