Rotterdam Capitals Collection 10th Aug-6Sept+Black Sea & Egyptian Adventure Sept 6-18

Miss Jolly

Hello everyone. We are a very fortunate (not to mention excited) :D Australian family who will be travelling on Rotterdam Aug 10 - Sept 18. We will have our two teenagers on board who by then will be 15 years old (son) and our daughter turns 14 in Corfu! I have posted on the Roll Call board but have only found fellow passengers on the first leg of our journey. I am sure we will not be alone for the rest of the trip so I thought I would see if I could find any other fellow passengers on this board. So please let me know if you will be travelling any part of this journey with us - especially keen to hear of other teenagers who will be on board.:)

Jennie

You are indeed lucky. As far as kids go, American schools usually start the end of August (with a few exceptions), so that would be the beggining of the school year. I don't think you'll see too many from the USA. I do envy you though. We hope to do a Baltic cruise in the near future.

Thank you for your reply. Our children are indeed very lucky and will actually miss seven weeks of school,too. However, the educational experiences they will have on this cruise are insurmountable. Their father is a real History buff so they will learn far more than from a textbook. They will just have to work very hard during their official school holidays that are scheduled either side of the cruise. it's a shame you won't be on the cruise.

Jennie

if they missed almost 2 months of school.

We received a call yesterday asking where our daughter was (home one day sick) and reminded to bring a note. Additionally, there may not be other children their age.

I do agree that some of the fall itineries are a little more exotic and have an issue with that as we can't take those ones as our daughter needs to be in school.

if they missed almost 2 months of school.

We received a call yesterday asking where our daughter was (home one day sick) and reminded to bring a note. Additionally, there may not be other children their age.

I do agree that some of the fall itineries are a little more exotic and have an issue with that as we can't take those ones as our daughter needs to be in school.

We had to request permission from their school as they attend a private school. The headmaster wants to come too!! (LOL) I am a school teacher and am conscious of the time out of school but will work with them in school vacation time to help cover missed work I have not actually met with the teacher yet to discuss this in detail - they only started the new school year on Tuesday.

Jennie

Archived