How often do they change the entertainment?

Lynne Myrna

Not often. I asked this question onboard when I took two cruises on different HAL ships within six months and saw the same shows. They do have to pay royalties for the songs they use and that is a consideration. Sometimes, being a Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein lover, they take liberty and make their own arrangements to some very famous songs, and this annoys me. Small issue though, and probably just my problem.

This was probably answered before......how often do they change the entertainment on the Noordam in the Vista? Your answer would be most appreciated.....Lynne

Lynne,

I think what you will find is that the Noordam Cast shows will likely be the same. I think I have heard that they keep these shows for upwards of three years, as it is quite expensive and time consuming to change/ build new sets. The cast shows you saw in December were the same ones we saw this past March, and I expect that we will find them again this coming March.

On the other hand, the smaller acts, ie. Magicians, jugglers, comedians, will change more frequently. I don't think that any of the ones on the Christmas cruise were left overs from the last March cruise.

Hope this helps;) ;)

Lately these boards are not responding properly.....

Thanks Brian.....we really don't care if it's the same shows....we will enjoy them again....or look for something else to do, no biggie....we are so looking forward to doing this cruise again....but only this time on a lower deck.....it won't be long for yours.....take care & enjoy it.....catch a big fish...

They also use the same acts on other ships - we have seen the same programs but with different casts on several HAL ships. Two years ago cruising to Alaska we had local artists perform - it was delightful. this past fall we had the dancers 4 nights out of 7 - it was disappointing to us as we find the music way too loud and the singers seem to scream into the mike.

We also noticed that when they had the same performer on another cruise, he/she would do exactly the same material as last time. I thought that they would have more material than that.

Archived