Scooters

TheWog

I have seen that scooters are available to rent, but can't find much info on them. Has anyone ever rented a scooter in GC? If so, where did you do it? How much was it? How many people can it hold (2 adults?)? Did you have a good time? Thanks for your input and replies.

A group that we were traveling with rented them in February. Most of them did okay but 1 of the guys ended up with a broken collar bone. They almost had to stay behind because they were having trouble getting him released from the hospital. This was our first port so it sure put a damper on the rest of the week for them. Just an FYI!

I was thinking of renting a scooter.

This website says they are $25 a day

But I've also seen websites that say they also rent "by the hour". Plus, I don't know if that $25 includes taxes or insurance. Apparently, you are also required to buy a temperary Grand Cayman license for $7.50.

They also rent bikes for $15, so its good to know there are lots of options. We are tempted to do some snokeling on the far end of the island to avoid the crouds. (There is 7,000 cruise pax scheduled that day!!).

-Nick

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived