Free Drinks and Questions

26Martini

I will be bringing my two children on the Noordam and was wondering what they can drink besides soda for free during dinner and during the day?

Also should I bring a walkie talkie or do they rent them onboard? And does anyone know the hours of Club Hal on sea days and on port nights? Can't wait!:)

We were on the Oosterdam last year and as I recall, the sodas weren't free during dinner but my daughter likes water, milk or sometimes a little iced tea with her dinner so that was ok. During lunch they'll have juice at the Lido as well. If your kids like punch or something similar, you may want to consider buying some of those new Crystal Light singles packages that you add to 8(?) ounces of water so they can have their punch or lemonade at dinner.

And no they don't rent walkie talkies. I did see at least one family that had brought their own. Assuming it isn't different from ship to ship, Club Hal was open for 3 hour blocks at a time - 9-noon, 1-4, 7-10. You didn't mention the age of your kids but the 8-12 year old group can sign themselves in and out (with your ok) unlike a few other lines we've been on. The walkie talkies would definitely come in handy to keep track of them. ;)

I will be bringing my two children on the Noordam and was wondering what they can drink besides soda for free during dinner and during the day?

Water (not bottled), iced tea, some juices (depending on the time of day) and milk ... maybe lemonade during certain times of the day up on the Lido deck. But that's about it.

You could also buy them a soda card for the bars. I'm not sure of the cost ... but I believe it's under $20, and then can get something like twenty glasses of soda with it. Each time they use it, a hole will be punched in the card, so there's nothing wrong with letting two children share it. Maybe use it for one soda treat each day for each kid and then let them drink iced tea during the rest of the day.

Another good idea is to bring along a couple of those large carry-around drink containers for the kids ... so that they can fill them from the iced tea dispenser in the Lido and not have to go back every 15 minutes for more. The only containers provided for the cold drinks in the Lido are rather small glasses ... not a good idea for children running around at the pool.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Also should I bring a walkie talkie or do they rent them onboard? And does anyone know the hours of Club Hal on sea days and on port nights? Can't wait!:)

My kids love chocolate milk and order it with their dinner. In the past the waiters in the dinning room would make them feel special by bringing it to them on a plate. They would also make them feel special by always making sure the ratio of chocolate syrup to milk was to their liking. How sweet of those waiters! I believe the last coke card I purchased was closer to 40.00 for each child. I do not like them because they drink too much soda and it is poured out of the bar dispenser. I would rather buy them a can of soda, which in my opinion tastes so much better, a few times during the cruise. There are several types of juices in the Lido.

Have fun!

The abuse by some people that we observed of unlimited soda cards was downright obscene. We would see people go to the bar with a quart size (and larger) insulated bottle and ask it be filled time and time again. We saw people pass the soda card around among large families/groups of friends. Six people would use one card.

HAL had not choice but to eliminate the unlimited card. Once again, the few who abuse something ruin it for everyone. People who used their card in a reasonable way now cannot enjoy the privilege.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Our son (6 years old) loved Club Hal on the Noordam this past December. During sea days the club is open 9:30 am - 12 pm, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm and 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm. During port days it was only open from 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm. They had great activities planned and even put on a show on one of the last sea days for all the parents and anyone else who wanted to attend in the Queens Lounge. Your kids will love it, have fun. As for the free drinks, all the other posters are correct.

Just in case,

On our last cruise milk was not available on the Lido during lunch but you only had to ask and they would bring you one.

For what it's worth,

Years ago, when we traveled with the kids, they would often have sodas or specialty drinks when they went to the kids' special events and there was never a charge.

Just in case,

On our last cruise milk was not available on the Lido during lunch but you only had to ask and they would bring you one.

For what it's worth,

Years ago, when we traveled with the kids, they would often have sodas or specialty drinks when they went to the kids' special events and there was never a charge.

Archived