Miracle Questions

tondo

I just booked the Miracle cruising this August out of NYC. I've never been on Carnival before. I booked a CAT 11 suite with the large wrap around balcony. I'm looking for comments/tips regarding this! I also have a booze question. What are you allowed to carryon to use in your room? I'm thinking of packing some in our checked luggage. Thanks ahead of time to everyone! This board is great!

Technically, nothing. Only fine wine, champagne, and a small amount of soft drinks are allowed.

Some people do smuggle. If you smuggle a lot I consider that stealing from the cruise line, and you're breaking the law of the land there. A small amount for a few drinks in the room I'm personally ok with.

I take some sodas (about a 6 or 12 pack for each of us) , some water and a bottle of jack daniels with us. the JD goes into checked luggage. When cruising with girlfriends we take a blender, a bottle of rum and pina colada mix. We pick up fresh fruit from the dining room every morning and make wonderful fruit creations all day long.

One funny story....one time the maitre d' got so used to us asking for and taking out fruit that by the 3rd day he would be standing by out table with a plate of fruit for us to take to our cabin. Always making sure we had really BIG bananas! IT was so funny.

As to 'stealing' from the cruise line, I personally do not feel that way. No matter what i bring on board, i still end up buying plenty from them and give them plenty of my money. I just prefer to pad my tips well than over pay for my drinks and soda.

Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. I'm certainly going to be spending a lot of money on drinks at the bar, spa treatments, excursions, etc. I just want to have something available for some drinks in the room. Anyone out there stayed in a cat 11 suite with some helpful suggestions?

My cabin is on the Upper deck in the aft, #5295. I have never stayed in an aft cabin before, but am certainly looking forward to it! I'm going with about 20 other people which I hope to share my large balcony with! I've never sailed Carnival before. I usually go on Celebrity.

DeckCadet: You said FINE WINE would be OK to bring on board... but what about MD 20/20 or Boone's Farm?? LOL... I wonder where they draw the line!

TONDO: you will love your cabin.. the balcony is about 40' long...! We only book the aft wrap-arounds on the Spirit class ships (Spirit, Legend, Miracle, Pride).

(and whatever you want to smuggle is OK with ME... lol... amazing how some people will quickly pass along their moral judgements)

Tom

HAve you ever stayed on the aft of a cruise ship??

Yes, and while the views are indeed nice, I hope anyone staying there doesn't mind constant engine rumble, and pray the seas are calm, unless you enjoy feeling like you are living on a trampoline.

I've stayed near the aft in a cabin on Celebrity going to Bermuda during a hurricane. My spouse and 4 friends didn't get seasick, so I think we'll be OK! Thanks for the advice I appreciate it!

I have stayed aft on all my cruises. The Victory and Voyager on the direct aft. I did no t experience engine noises and rocking and rolling. Last year we sailed inbetween Lily and Kyle. Friends of ours stayed on the same deck but on theother side and experienced lots of soot and vibrations. It depends on what you can handle. Not saying the motion is not there--we just didnt feel it/.

There was one day on our Pride cruise where I was feeling a little rough (from late night out) and was laying in the bed.. seemed to be going in all directions... not sure if that was the sea or me!

Cheney quotes in the signature? lol

(not a bad quote, but someone else wrote it)

nuff said..:D

Tom

Archived